Full Fiber Clutch Mod - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-22-2016, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Full Fiber Clutch Mod

Hey guys I've read quite a few other threads about the Full Fiber Clutch Mod but I wanted to start my own thread to confirm some things and hopefully solidify the information I've read and heard so that I am confident doing the upgrade as well as anyone else in the future that refers to the forum. I'll state what I know about the mod and then some things I want to confirm, any other input is much appreciated.

-The Full Fiber Clutch Mod involves changing the inner most clutch fiber out from a half fiber (stock) to a full fiber that is identical to the other 7 plates before the half fiber one.

-In order to remove the half fiber there is a metal clip that goes around the clutch boss and secures the last half fiber as well as a metal clutch plate and two metal rings (referred to as a seat plate, and a cushion spring by the manual.)

-After removing all clutch pack components clutch should be reassembled minus the two metal rings referred to above and the metal clip that retained them. So, the clutch pack would then consist of, from the boss inner surface out, a full fiber plate to replace half fiber followed by a metal plate, then repeat process.

-Other misc. tips, don't forget to soak new clutch pack in NEW oil, etc. any other tips anyone can provide would be great.

I've done the clutch on the 700 but just did an EBC kit on a friend's quad that came with a replacement half fiber in the clutch pack and stiffer springs.
Darren Norris likes this.

2007 Raptor 700: Barker Big Bores, FCI Intake (No Box), CP Tech LOG Piston, Hotcam Stage 3, PC5.
Suspension: Lone Star DC-4 Long Travel Arms, Fox Float X Evols, Kashima Upgrade, Tusk Extended Axle, Fox Podium RC2 2.0.
Aftermarket: 10" Rigid Flood/Spot Combo Light bar, Blingstar Nerfs, Precision Shock & Vibe Bar Clamps, Pro Taper Gold ATV Mids, ODI Grips, DR.D Reverse Lever, Key Relocate, ASV Levers, Parking Brake Delete, Tusk Billet Gas Cap, 15t/38t Renthal Sprockets, R&K Gold X-Ring Chain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-22-2016, 01:02 PM
If you don't wreck, you don't ride

Don't forget about that little wire in there too, it DOESN'T need to go back in. Unless that is one of the things you were referring too.

post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-22-2016, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
Don't forget about that little wire in there too, it DOESN'T need to go back in. Unless that is one of the things you were referring too.
Yeah, I was referring to that as the metal clip that retains them, wire is a lot more accurate way to describe that tiny little thing haha.

2007 Raptor 700: Barker Big Bores, FCI Intake (No Box), CP Tech LOG Piston, Hotcam Stage 3, PC5.
Suspension: Lone Star DC-4 Long Travel Arms, Fox Float X Evols, Kashima Upgrade, Tusk Extended Axle, Fox Podium RC2 2.0.
Aftermarket: 10" Rigid Flood/Spot Combo Light bar, Blingstar Nerfs, Precision Shock & Vibe Bar Clamps, Pro Taper Gold ATV Mids, ODI Grips, DR.D Reverse Lever, Key Relocate, ASV Levers, Parking Brake Delete, Tusk Billet Gas Cap, 15t/38t Renthal Sprockets, R&K Gold X-Ring Chain.

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-22-2016, 01:10 PM

The first time I did the mod I got so mad at that thing just wanked it out with pliers.

post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-22-2016, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
The first time I did the mod I got so mad at that thing just wanked it out with pliers.
That's the right way to do it in my opinion haha, the first time I pulled it out I sat there and spent 10 minutes with a pick trying to carefully push it down through that tiny hole and it was so frustrating haha. I'm stoked to get rid of that whole mess and get some more holding power.

post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-22-2016, 01:28 PM

They claim it will hold up to 80hp!

post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-22-2016, 02:38 PM
POTW Moderator

Garage
Good to know this. I bought the full upgrade kit from TQS and just need to install. Stock clutch in here still with the power it now produces it should help hold better.
Yamaha211 likes this.

[U]2006 raptor 700

DMC Force 4's, FCI W/box, Dynatek Fusion
CP 11:1 piston, BaMotorsports porting, HC3
RacersEdge +3TB
YFZ 450 fronts & reworked rear by JOGACA
Trailtech 1 1/8 xbar w/vapor dash & Vapor installed
ODI Rogue grips & ASV pro pack levers
PRM Edge Baja bumper w/12" Cree spot/flood bar
PRM Desert grab bar
PRM A-Arm skids, GYTR skid, ProArmor swinger skid
Fastway steering stabilizer
68HP 49TQ

PM me if you need service manuals
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-22-2016, 02:48 PM

This is good stuff. What would be awesome are some pictures or a link to youtube or something like that.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-22-2016, 03:04 PM
POTW Moderator

Garage
If there is nothing on the site with pictures or on you tube I will do a how to when I do mine...

[U]2006 raptor 700

DMC Force 4's, FCI W/box, Dynatek Fusion
CP 11:1 piston, BaMotorsports porting, HC3
RacersEdge +3TB
YFZ 450 fronts & reworked rear by JOGACA
Trailtech 1 1/8 xbar w/vapor dash & Vapor installed
ODI Rogue grips & ASV pro pack levers
PRM Edge Baja bumper w/12" Cree spot/flood bar
PRM Desert grab bar
PRM A-Arm skids, GYTR skid, ProArmor swinger skid
Fastway steering stabilizer
68HP 49TQ

PM me if you need service manuals
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-22-2016, 03:48 PM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
You're on the right track, but a little more info for you. The extra fiber doesn't have to be the same brand/style. The YFZ clutch fibers and plates will fit the 700, but won't have the half fiber in the kit, so it may be cheaper. There is a street bike kit that fits, but I can't remember what one. Be sure the oil used is wet clutch compatible. After install, check the adjustment several times as everything seats in. "ALWAYS" be sure you have some free play at the case clutch lever!!
Yamaha211 likes this.

'19 Can-Am X3, RS Turbo, 172 HP, 1300x15 STU #2 paddle, Tribute front, DynaTec controller, cat delete, GTP blow off valve, custom flame wrap, Bent Metal windshield, Blazer wiper, rear window, 48in LED light bar, 14in LED light bar, GTP LED side lights, S3 shock tower brace, aluminum rear pull plate, 5K Badlands winch, dual batteries, 5ft lighted whips, Rugged radio and intercom, interior lights, rock lights, chase lights, over $200 additional switches, YES, street legal with dirt tires.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode