Raptor 700 service bulletin. A few minor issues found. - Page 2 - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 06:38 AM

Send a message via AIM to mrtrick
Re: Raptor 700 service bulletin. A few minor issues found.

I thought last night that I should have just posted them like this. What can I say... I'm new around here.

Please keep the floggins to a minimum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 07:03 AM Thread Starter
BJH

No problem. You did the hard part. Thanks for the help!!!

PC III<br />Pro Designs intake-foam<br />Precision stabilizer<br />TCS&nbsp; LT suspension<br />+2 LT a-arms<br />OMF blue scalloped beadlocks<br />Holeshot GNCC tires <br />Rox Speed anti-vibe bar clamp w dash plate<br />Trail Tech bars<br />RPM Dominator II axle<br />Dual Gasser throttle<br />Curb feelers <br />Cheetah skin seat covers
post #13 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 03:54 PM

Quote:
1) Vapor locking. Winter fuel with lower boiling point is blamed but they have changed out the fuel pump mid-production to fix it. The new fuel pump now has a 0.8mm vapor bleeder hole. If you don't have a fuel pump with part number 1S3-13907-02-00 you have the problem pump. If you do have part number 1S3-13907-02-00 then obviously you are ok. These were on early quads only.

I checked my fuel pump and have the fuel pump #1S3-13907-01, which is the older one. I called two yamaha dealers and they haven't heard of the service bulletin for this problem, they even ran my vin number which should show any service bulletins and recalls and they came up with nothing. Do you have a service bulletin number?

2006 Raptor 700R<br />PC III<br />GYTR Performance Slip on<br />GYTR Intake<br />Vapor

post #14 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
BJH

Sorry I don't have a bulletin number. You can print this one off or I can e-mail it to you. Ask your dealer to look at the part up and ask them if they can explain why it has a different number. Not all dealers have access to this information. They only get it if they attend the classes. Then again they could be shooting a line of BS. To my knowledge there is no official recall on this issue.

PC III<br />Pro Designs intake-foam<br />Precision stabilizer<br />TCS&nbsp; LT suspension<br />+2 LT a-arms<br />OMF blue scalloped beadlocks<br />Holeshot GNCC tires <br />Rox Speed anti-vibe bar clamp w dash plate<br />Trail Tech bars<br />RPM Dominator II axle<br />Dual Gasser throttle<br />Curb feelers <br />Cheetah skin seat covers
post #15 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 10:27 PM

First and foremost, thanks a bunch!!

1. got the "good" fuel pump.

2. found the two connectors this morning, looked like they might not be all the way together. Shoved them together, went riding all day, and WOW, I have a fan.
Now this pissed me off because the "experts" at the dealership told me they checked front to back and found NOTHING wrong with the fan. In fact, I think we are going to have a little chat about their $899 extended RIP-OFF!!

Anyway, thanks for sharing great info, and one last thing...where is the TPS sensor plug so I can check it out??

Thanks

2006 700R&nbsp; (White/Silver)<br />DG Swingarm Skid<br />DG Chassis Skid<br />DG A-arm Skids<br />Proarmor &quot;Racing&quot; Bumper<br />AC Propegs (Black)<br />LTE Duals<br />PCIII<br />Pro-Flow Uni<br />Pro-tec lid<br />Razr2&#039;s on ITP Baja&#039;s<br />TCS Shocks<br />Flexx bars
post #16 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
BJH

TPS connector is on the right side at the throttle body. It is the plug that has the female facing the rear of the quad. Black long oval shaped and right under the side frame rail.

post #17 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 10:10 AM

Send a message via AIM to sikraptor700

OK, I went and check the fan wiring, you need to pull off the seat, pull out all the relays behind the airbox, you will see a pouch thats all taped up, untape it and inside is a couple connectors both of mine were half way pushed in. I pushed them together, Now i just need to let it run for awhile to see if the fan kicks on.

2006 Raptor 700R<br />Modded-Thats all you need to know<br />
post #18 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
BJH

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlraptor
First and foremost, thanks a bunch!!

1. got the "good" fuel pump.

2. found the two connectors this morning, looked like they might not be all the way together. Shoved them together, went riding all day, and WOW, I have a fan.
Now this pissed me off because the "experts" at the dealership told me they checked front to back and found NOTHING wrong with the fan. In fact, I think we are going to have a little chat about their $899 extended RIP-OFF!!

Anyway, thanks for sharing great info, and one last thing...where is the TPS sensor plug so I can check it out??

Thanks
Thats the funny thing about the fan connector. It was throwing everybody off because the loose connection made an occaisional short circuit. It may have worked find when the checked it but bumping around from riding would short the connection. It's not really the Yamaha techs fault. They get a bad rap on this one.

post #19 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 05:50 PM

thanx for the info guys, sure enough my connectors were halfway in too. pushed em in and SURPRISE !!!! fan works.
post #20 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
BJH

I had the old fuel pump and the fan connector issue.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode