Remote start - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By BlackSupra
  • 1 Post By jsanders347

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-12-2018, 02:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Remote start

It is not a new idea to do something remotely. There is no real benefit but sure it is a nice feature. I had most of the required stuff laying around so besides the time I spend doing it it didn't cost me anything. I was also improvising a lot as I went along so there is no exact how to.

For this project you'll need:
- wire
- Bluetooth / RF relay
- delay

- The wires don't have to be thick since they are used only to power the relay and to make two shorts.
- You can use either a BT relay module or RF relay. The difference is that you can control BT relay with your phone but has a shorter range or you can use RF relay which has longer range but requires its own key fob. I'm using BT relay.
- To do things with push of one button you will also need a delay. The function of this delay is to wait 4seconds (pump prime time is 3s) and then hold the ignition button for 2s. The engine usually requires less than a second to start but the extra time does no damage since the starter starts spinning freely once the engine reaches its idle speed.

In theory this works like this. You activate the main relay via the phone or key fob. The main relay now makes a short to the (37) engine stop switch. This powers on the quad and starts pump prime sequence. At the same time the delay is powered and starts 4s countdown. After 4s the pump has primed and delay has reached zero. Now the delay goes into second stage and makes a short to (38 ) Start switch and hold it for 2 seconds. After this the sequence is over and the engine is running.

When you deactivate the main relay the short to the (37) engine stop switch is deactivated and the quad powers off. If quad is parked for a longer period of time add a switch to turn off the main relay module and prevent the battery to go flat.

To find the correct cables work your way from the ignition switch and start switch. Find a suitable place to add the wires that will then connect to the relay.

DEZPERADO and 4stroker4life like this.

2016 Raptor 700R, Street legal, HID kit, 15T front, AIS delete, Jogaca suspension, Adjustable rear link, LSR 2+1 A-Arms, Axcalibar axle, PC5 w/timing and autotune, full Dasa exhaust, Talon 36T rear or stock 38T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-12-2018, 11:10 AM

That's awesome. I don't really see a practical reason for it, but it is a neat feature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-12-2018, 08:59 PM

Thats pretty sweet blacksupra!

I couldnt do it, this thread might as well be in chinese for people with my electrical skills, but the video sure is cool

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

07' Raptor 700- 11:1, hotcam 3, Pro design intake with K&N, +3 throttle body, Monster big bore duals, MSD with cuervo timing, JOGACA shocks, trail tech VAPOR, GYTR heel guards & bumper & nerfs, .250 aluminum skids, TM case saver, folding anodized levers and shifter, powermadd hand guards

04' raptor 660-Hot rods crank, .5mm overbore, 11:1 wiseco piston, Stage 1 hotcam, Yoshimura slip-on exhaust, K&N filter with outerwears, open lid airbox, Dynojet stage 2 jet kit

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 01:59 AM

Digging the high performance rubber bands!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
BlackSupra likes this.

Joagaca suspension,gytr frame skid,yfz calipers,powermadd hand guards,prodesign shifter,fasst flexx bars,rox risers,t.m. design chain guide,+2 lonestar swinger,billet dash,x-rex rears, klaw xc fronts,ebay bumper,prodesign case saver,primary drive sprockets and chain, all balls wheel bearings,+2+1 lonestar a-arms,+2 g force axle,vitos jet kit,ac pro peg nerf,amradillo swinger skid,sparks exhaust,prodesign intake,foam filter,outterwear,no lid

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode