GPS Gravity 655 Tire Review - Page 2 - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 05:25 PM

That is a ton of weight in a very crucial area. I was planning on buying the gbc when i need tires, but maybe i will give these a shot...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

07' Raptor 700- 11:1, hotcam 3, Pro design intake with K&N, +3 throttle body, Monster big bore duals, MSD with cuervo timing, JOGACA shocks, trail tech VAPOR, GYTR heel guards & bumper & nerfs, .250 aluminum skids, TM case saver, folding anodized levers and shifter, powermadd hand guards

04' raptor 660-Hot rods crank, .5mm overbore, 11:1 wiseco piston, Stage 1 hotcam, Yoshimura slip-on exhaust, K&N filter with outerwears, open lid airbox, Dynojet stage 2 jet kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 05:38 PM

Too late for me, mine are brand new and just mounted.....ill be fine though for trails etc, not jumping or racing
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorDaddy View Post
Not a problem. Big thanks to Morphrider for giving me the weight on the GBC XC Masters. But yes there's 4.4lbs less unsprung weight for the Raptor to rip thanks to these tires. Can anyone tell me about how many hours/miles you can expect a set of GBC XC Masters to last?
I have a full season of racing on mine. The fronts look like new, the rears are showing signs of slight wear and I have been on a couple really nasty races. I am thinking I will get one more season on the rears.

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team 2 gils View Post
I have a full season of racing on mine. The fronts look like new, the rears are showing signs of slight wear and I have been on a couple really nasty races. I am thinking I will get one more season on the rears.
Slight signs of wear and you think only 1 more season ?
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooo View Post
Quote:
Slight signs of wear and you think only 1 more season ?
Certainly an estimate, but I am not going to race on half worn tires. I was shocked they are not worse than they are due to the crap I put them through, and doing that all over again seems like it may be enough. I am new so I am just estimating this.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 09:10 AM

Garage
Quote:
Certainly an estimate, but I am not going to race on half worn tires. I was shocked they are not worse than they are due to the crap I put them through, and doing that all over again seems like it may be enough. I am new so I am just estimating this.
have you been cutting them to keep the edges sharp?

06 700 se
+2 Alba A arms
+1 Houser ant-vibe stem
Fasst Flexx bars
Precision Pro stabilizer
long travel yfz shocks redone by Jogca
oem rear shock redone by Jogca
GBC XC-Masters
Big Gun Exo duals
FCI intake w/box
PC5 w/ignition
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian77 View Post
Quote:
have you been cutting them to keep the edges sharp?
No, I am not familiar with that. If I get a chance tonight, I will take a picture and lug measurement so you can judge for yourself. I have really like these tires and will buy them again.
morphrider likes this.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 12:31 PM

Quote:
I gotcha.....what does your race season schedule consist of so I have an idea of how long mine will last with the occasional trail ride
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooo View Post
I gotcha.....what does your race season schedule consist of so I have an idea of how long mine will last with the occasional trail ride
My season starts late February and ends mid November. So here are a couple of pictures of my rear tires, still looking pretty good think. I measured the tread depth in a few places and it is 5/8 inch. GBC site says new tires are 15/32nds. So by my math, I have added 2/32nds to my tire!! If they don't get chewed up they very well could last a few seasons. I am going to stick with them although I may move the to the Ground Busters in the rear as they have split lugs. I wanted those in the first place but they were new and unavailable. Certainly a good tire for sure, lots of folks run these.

Are you going to race X-Country/Hare scramble races? If so, which district or series? I mainly race the District 17 series in Illinois, but on off weekends I do IXCR, MWXC, and GNCC races when I can. Good luck to you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181205_191122.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	131941   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181205_191255.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	131943  
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 12:28 AM

Wow they held up great so far, seems like they may be worth the extra weight.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode