5 step speed sensor removal (with pictures) - Page 25 - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #241 of 249 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific Barbarian View Post
All the functions on my cluster works perfectly fine. No ill effects. Just I can do 87mph now!

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2
I have a 2013 raptor 700r with dual exhaust air intake and fuel programmer. with all this (did not cut the blue wire) done it will still only go like 64. how did you get it to go 87. I can feel there is still more power...

Last edited by waxyboarder09; 04-25-2016 at 08:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 249 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 06:31 AM

Good write up. All the steps of speed sensor removal are very useful and i was about to remove the sensor you guide me so well.
post #243 of 249 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 01:53 AM

Garage
I know its an old thread but It has what I'm looking for.

Anyone has a way to trick the 5th gear rev limiter and reach max speed on a 2016 700R? I've already tried to remove the clutch sensor that is on the clutch lever. The result is the same. It won't go faster that 125km/h and with clutch sensor removed you can start it when its in gear. The point is that mine in street legal and I can't (I don't want to) drive around if the speedometer is not showing any speed so the grounding the blue or green (can't remember which one) wire is not ideal. And I've came across some posts that on later models grounding the wire can cause some problems which are less then ideal. Any suggestions?
Shaaaad likes this.

2016 Raptor 700R, Street legal, HID kit, 15T front, AIS delete, Jogaca suspension, Adjustable rear link, LSR 2+1 A-Arms, Axcalibar axle, PC5 w/timing and autotune, full Dasa exhaust, Talon 36T rear or stock 38T

post #244 of 249 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 02:34 AM

I've removed the clutch sensor cable on my 2016 and it's worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #245 of 249 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 09:26 PM

post #246 of 249 (permalink) Old 02-08-2018, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSupra View Post
I know its an old thread but It has what I'm looking for.

Anyone has a way to trick the 5th gear rev limiter and reach max speed on a 2016 700R? I've already tried to remove the clutch sensor that is on the clutch lever. The result is the same. It won't go faster that 125km/h and with clutch sensor removed you can start it when its in gear. The point is that mine in street legal and I can't (I don't want to) drive around if the speedometer is not showing any speed so the grounding the blue or green (can't remember which one) wire is not ideal. And I've came across some posts that on later models grounding the wire can cause some problems which are less then ideal. Any suggestions?

I have the blue wire done to my 2006

post #247 of 249 (permalink) Old 02-08-2018, 01:54 PM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaaaad View Post
I have the blue wire done to my 2006

The "blue wire" mod is now obsolete and replaced by the 'clutch perch switch" mod. Neither mod works for the newer '14 and up motor for the limiter, but will allow starting in any gear.
BlackSupra likes this.

'19 Can-Am X3, RS Turbo, 172 HP, 1300x15 STU #2 paddle, Tribute front, DynaTec controller, cat delete, GTP blow off valve, custom flame wrap, Bent Metal windshield, Blazer wiper, rear window, 48in LED light bar, 14in LED light bar, GTP LED side lights, S3 shock tower brace, aluminum rear pull plate, 5K Badlands winch, dual batteries, 5ft lighted whips, Rugged radio and intercom, interior lights, rock lights, chase lights, over $200 additional switches, YES, street legal with dirt tires.
post #248 of 249 (permalink) Old 02-08-2018, 02:19 PM

Garage
Which is a bit of a bummer really. It can be done but I just kinda don't wanna mess with it.

This is from the manual
"
The injection duration and the injection timing are controlled by the ECU. Signals that are input from
the throttle position sensor, crankshaft position sensor, intake air pressure sensor, intake air temperature
sensor, coolant temperature sensor and speed sensor enable the ECU to determine the
injection duration. The injection timing is determined through the signals from the crankshaft position
sensor. As a result, the volume of fuel that is required by the engine can be supplied at all times
in accordance with the driving conditions.
"

Fault code No. 42 Symptom A. No normal signals are received from the speed sensor.

In short: bunch of problems and poor performance. The best way to bypass this would not be mechanical but rather a software modification (ECU).
rapt-up700 likes this.

2016 Raptor 700R, Street legal, HID kit, 15T front, AIS delete, Jogaca suspension, Adjustable rear link, LSR 2+1 A-Arms, Axcalibar axle, PC5 w/timing and autotune, full Dasa exhaust, Talon 36T rear or stock 38T

Last edited by BlackSupra; 02-08-2018 at 02:28 PM.
post #249 of 249 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 06:15 AM

Good post/write up Dalonar!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode