Raptor 700 HID (bi xenon HIDs) install (How To) - Page 3 - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 08:18 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tooele, Utah
Posts: 30
I just installed my HID's from Kryptonbulbs and they work great.
meangene is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Lifetime VIP

 
First700R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Braselton, GA
Posts: 2,037
Can anyone update this topic?
Is kryptonbulbs currently a good place to get them from or not? Seems like reviews of them have gone way up and way down over time.
Thanks you.


2008 700R

7 MOD = Barker Duals~ProDesign w/billet & Foam~MSD Blaster~Head Ported Lucky Style~Hotcam Stage 3~CP Tech Piston 11.5:1~Cuervo +3 TB

Other Goodies = DriveLine Perf Clutch~Precision Stabilizer~15T F Sprocket~PRM Grab Bar~Blingstar Bumper~Full Skid Protection~Tusk Nerfs~Alba Heal Guards~Powermadd Hand Guards~RK Race Chain~Custom Dual Arm Shifter~TT Vapor.
First700R is offline  
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 07:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Fordtough150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,046
Send a message via MSN to Fordtough150
No new info from what I've seen. I think when I get a 700R again, I'm going to give these a shot. $70 isn't too bad

'12 Can Am Outlander 1000XT
28" Gorilla Silverbacks on 12x7 ITP SS212 Black

'09 yfzR SOLD
Sparks Exhaust, MSD FI, Pro Flow Foam intake, '07 Intake Cam, JE 12.5, Breather "T" mod, Houser +1 Stem, 1-1/8" Houser Clamps, Fasst Flexx Bars, Precision Pro stabilizer, PEP ZPS 8 Click, Pro Armor Revolution Nerfs, GYTR Lanyard, GYTR Bumper, GYTR Grab bar, SE Quick Release Fasteners, Maxxis Razr II's/ITP T9's or Maxxis Razr MX/HiPers

'07 700R SOLD
5 mod and other goodies
Fordtough150 is offline  
 
post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 09:28 PM
Lifetime VIP

 
First700R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Braselton, GA
Posts: 2,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordtough150 View Post
No new info from what I've seen. I think when I get a 700R again, I'm going to give these a shot. $70 isn't too bad
Yeah the price is sweet. I don't know if these have the common problem of one light randomly going out. Guess I could get off my back side and call. Just been busy.


2008 700R

7 MOD = Barker Duals~ProDesign w/billet & Foam~MSD Blaster~Head Ported Lucky Style~Hotcam Stage 3~CP Tech Piston 11.5:1~Cuervo +3 TB

Other Goodies = DriveLine Perf Clutch~Precision Stabilizer~15T F Sprocket~PRM Grab Bar~Blingstar Bumper~Full Skid Protection~Tusk Nerfs~Alba Heal Guards~Powermadd Hand Guards~RK Race Chain~Custom Dual Arm Shifter~TT Vapor.

Last edited by First700R; 01-16-2013 at 09:32 PM.
First700R is offline  
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 09:36 PM
Senior Member
 
1stwarrior95's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,230
I got mine from Xentec, (ebay). Mine isn't Bixenon but what the hell ya need hi n low beam on a 4 wheeler for? LOL I hooked mine to get power off both the high and low side of the stock headlight switch, so no matter which position I flip/bump the switch to, I have headlights.

Just bought a second kit for my other 700. $30.03 shipped to my door. Hard to beat that. I have had one ballast go bad, but I have to take at least part of the blame for that. When I originally mounted them I cracked the case of one, and that's the one that went bad.

I am gonna do a Bixenon kit on my V65 soon though. It needs high/low. LOL

07 700 SE

03 660 Bone stock... Honest!

03/04 660 built from parts.
It's stock too of course...

85 FL350 Odyssey

86 V65 Magna

78 Mini Trail Z50
1stwarrior95 is offline  
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 10:12 AM
Being Single, Seeing Double, Making Triple
 
Nnutthowze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SW, KS
Posts: 64
I bought a kit off of ebay as well its hi/lo and haven't had any issues with it. paid less then 40 for it, had it about 6 months now

07 700R SE 2
Pro Design K&N, DMC Comp 4, Dobek TFI, Pro Armor Pro XC Nerf, Pro Armor Dominator Front, Pro Armor Pro Race GB, ODI TLD, Motion Pro Twist Throttle, Tusk Voltage Tires
Nnutthowze is offline  
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 11:49 AM
Lifetime VIP

 
First700R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Braselton, GA
Posts: 2,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stwarrior95 View Post
I got mine from Xentec, (ebay). Mine isn't Bixenon but what the hell ya need hi n low beam on a 4 wheeler for? LOL I hooked mine to get power off both the high and low side of the stock headlight switch, so no matter which position I flip/bump the switch to, I have headlights.

Just bought a second kit for my other 700. $30.03 shipped to my door. Hard to beat that. I have had one ballast go bad, but I have to take at least part of the blame for that. When I originally mounted them I cracked the case of one, and that's the one that went bad.

I am gonna do a Bixenon kit on my V65 soon though. It needs high/low. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nnutthowze View Post
I bought a kit off of ebay as well its hi/lo and haven't had any issues with it. paid less then 40 for it, had it about 6 months now
Are these kits plug and play or do they take some wire cutting like the one in this thread?


2008 700R

7 MOD = Barker Duals~ProDesign w/billet & Foam~MSD Blaster~Head Ported Lucky Style~Hotcam Stage 3~CP Tech Piston 11.5:1~Cuervo +3 TB

Other Goodies = DriveLine Perf Clutch~Precision Stabilizer~15T F Sprocket~PRM Grab Bar~Blingstar Bumper~Full Skid Protection~Tusk Nerfs~Alba Heal Guards~Powermadd Hand Guards~RK Race Chain~Custom Dual Arm Shifter~TT Vapor.
First700R is offline  
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 12:22 PM
Being Single, Seeing Double, Making Triple
 
Nnutthowze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SW, KS
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by First700 View Post
Are these kits plug and play or do they take some wire cutting like the one in this thread?
The kit I ordered did require some cutting, just like in this thread. You can order a OEM harness to replace the one you cut.

07 700R SE 2
Pro Design K&N, DMC Comp 4, Dobek TFI, Pro Armor Pro XC Nerf, Pro Armor Dominator Front, Pro Armor Pro Race GB, ODI TLD, Motion Pro Twist Throttle, Tusk Voltage Tires
Nnutthowze is offline  
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 04:02 PM
Senior Member
 
1stwarrior95's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by First700 View Post
Are these kits plug and play or do they take some wire cutting like the one in this thread?
Depends how you do it, but yea, out of the box it doesn't have a plug in for the power wires to plug into the raptor harness. It also doesn't come with a relay. Most kits don't I don't think.

I used and old pigtail off an old headlight to supply power to the relay. No cutting of the raptor harness required this way. The plug in on the taillight is the same as the headlights too, so if ya run across an old busted up taillight or headlight, grab the plug in and a short section of wire off it. Make any kit plug and play that way! lol

Another thing I learned about the hi low HID's is you need to make sure what you're getting. Bi xenon uses one hid bulb with a shield that moves around the bulb to change from hi to low and back. (no warm up period when switching from hi to low)
The kits that say Hi/Low HID use one hid bulb for one beam and a normal halogen bulb for the other beam. I can't remeber which bulb is high and which is low though.

07 700 SE

03 660 Bone stock... Honest!

03/04 660 built from parts.
It's stock too of course...

85 FL350 Odyssey

86 V65 Magna

78 Mini Trail Z50
1stwarrior95 is offline  
post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 05:23 PM
Lifetime VIP

 
First700R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Braselton, GA
Posts: 2,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nnutthowze View Post
The kit I ordered did require some cutting, just like in this thread. You can order a OEM harness to replace the one you cut.
Thanks bro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stwarrior95 View Post
Depends how you do it, but yea, out of the box it doesn't have a plug in for the power wires to plug into the raptor harness. It also doesn't come with a relay. Most kits don't I don't think.

I used and old pigtail off an old headlight to supply power to the relay. No cutting of the raptor harness required this way. The plug in on the taillight is the same as the headlights too, so if ya run across an old busted up taillight or headlight, grab the plug in and a short section of wire off it. Make any kit plug and play that way! lol

Another thing I learned about the hi low HID's is you need to make sure what you're getting. Bi xenon uses one hid bulb with a shield that moves around the bulb to change from hi to low and back. (no warm up period when switching from hi to low)
The kits that say Hi/Low HID use one hid bulb for one beam and a normal halogen bulb for the other beam. I can't remeber which bulb is high and which is low though.
This is good info to have. I think I personally am going to just get the nice plug and play kit from TQS. Normally I wouldn't mind messing around with non plug and play but lately I just can't find enough time so I would rather spend a little more and be done quicker. It's a nice kit with a nice warranty so no worries.


2008 700R

7 MOD = Barker Duals~ProDesign w/billet & Foam~MSD Blaster~Head Ported Lucky Style~Hotcam Stage 3~CP Tech Piston 11.5:1~Cuervo +3 TB

Other Goodies = DriveLine Perf Clutch~Precision Stabilizer~15T F Sprocket~PRM Grab Bar~Blingstar Bumper~Full Skid Protection~Tusk Nerfs~Alba Heal Guards~Powermadd Hand Guards~RK Race Chain~Custom Dual Arm Shifter~TT Vapor.
First700R is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Bi-Xenon HID Kit with Headlight Masks Stu_Raptor700 Raptor 700 Modifications 2 01-19-2017 03:17 AM
bi-xenon hids? panteramatt Raptor 700 Modifications 12 07-19-2012 05:00 PM
Just ordered the bi-xenon 6k hid kit from krtoto bulbs xskater2099 Raptor 700 Modifications 8 01-31-2012 08:06 PM
Bi xenon HID Cammy Raptor 700 Modifications 18 11-29-2010 04:11 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome