How to install and remove the rear bearings and axle on a Raptor 700 - Page 2 - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 12:08 PM

The oem lasted so much longer than anything I have put in there. I figured Id give it another try. Turns out this bearing I'm talking about is the outside one near the seal, so the open side goes in? Why is there no seal here?

Barker in frame duels, PC3, Dyna FS ignition, trinity intake, 14/38, 23 inch fronts, 22 inch rears, Trail Tech Vapor, billet thong holder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Lifetime VIP

that was what ive been reading lately, oem will last longer than the aftermarket ones. that makes it worth spending the extra money. not sure about your question, i havent made it that far. hopefully you get some answers so i dont have to ask them later haha.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike207 View Post
The oem lasted so much longer than anything I have put in there. I figured Id give it another try. Turns out this bearing I'm talking about is the outside one near the seal, so the open side goes in? Why is there no seal here?
I would give who ever gave you the bearings a call. I know when I took the oem out they all had the side seal on there and then you have the two outer seals for the ends of the carrier.

2006 YZ450 50th Anniversary. Woods machine and street legal.
2007 Raptor 700r April 2013 Raptor of the month Traded
2001 Wolverine 350

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 04:54 PM

Unfortunately, I ordered these bearings a while ago from RMATV, I believe. The oem parts finder that this and many other sites use shows two different part numbers for these bearings ( #3 and #7 on the REAR ARM page ). The only difference that I now see is on #7, part number 93306-90805-00, has only one seal. FUCK! $35 a piece! Its too late to return them. Why would they do this? 93306-90804-00 is the bearing you want X 4. I'm baffeled. Maybe I can reuse a seal from the old bearings that I tore out? I'll probably be back in there in a year or two anyway. LOL.

On a side note, inspect the surfaces on the brake hub and sprocket hub . Make sure they are clean and not all gouged up. If they are, the seal wont hold back the mud and water and the bearings will fail fast anyways. Just my .02. I like the extra grease idea. They deffinately dont look like there is enough when they are new.

Barker in frame duels, PC3, Dyna FS ignition, trinity intake, 14/38, 23 inch fronts, 22 inch rears, Trail Tech Vapor, billet thong holder
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 08:38 PM

I took the axle with original bearings out of an 07 carrier last weekend and one of the bearings on each side only has one seal and it is towards the other bearing but not sure which one it is or if it matters.
The sprocket side bearings are still on the axle, I can knock them off and see tomorrow night if needed.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 09:15 PM
Lifetime VIP

Hmm, I just ordered all 4 from rmatv...guess I'll have to see soon.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 09:32 PM

The bearings I put back in were a double wide bearing so it just took one per side and I didn't bother to see which one went where.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-29-2014, 01:15 PM
Addicted To Raptor

I need to replace my bearings since they failed me in the woods a couple months ago...not sure of the extent so I was considering replacing the entire carrier with bearings include in attempt to save time and frustration in the end. Whats everyone's thoughts on this? Anyone recommend a good brand/place to buy the entire carrier?

Here's what Im looking at getting...

http://www.powersportsuperstore.com/...tm?Click=35177

Thanks!!

HMF Full Exhaust(Blacked Out), Pro Armor Bumper, Pro Armor A-Arm Skids, Pro Armor Grab Bar, PRM Skid Plate, DynoJet PC III, K&N W/ Outerwear (Lid Removed), ODI Grips, Billet Gas Cap,Alba Pro Elite Nerfs, Rox Risers,Pro Taper Contours, Eline Carbon Fiber Heat Shield, Custom Warning Label Replacements, gncc rubbers

Make It Faster Already!!

Last edited by Cueto; 07-29-2014 at 01:26 PM.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-29-2014, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cueto View Post
I need to replace my bearings since they failed me in the woods a couple months ago...not sure of the extent so I was considering replacing the entire carrier with bearings include in attempt to save time and frustration in the end. Whats everyone's thoughts on this? Anyone recommend a good brand/place to buy the entire carrier?

Here's what Im looking at getting...

http://www.powersportsuperstore.com/...tm?Click=35177

Thanks!!
ModQuad makes decent stuff and it would save you some time putting everything back together. My cousin toasted his YFZ bearings and he had problems getting everything off so good luck with it. The part that I liked about putting everything back together was, I was able to add some more grease in between the bearing races.

2006 YZ450 50th Anniversary. Woods machine and street legal.
2007 Raptor 700r April 2013 Raptor of the month Traded
2001 Wolverine 350
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 12:57 PM

Ok so I have a few questions that may sound extremely dumb but I just bought a 2007 raptor 700r & after about an hour of riding it I noticed my tire wobbling. Brung it home and noticed it was completely open inside the swing arm on the sprocket side. (The right side is tight and does not move when on jack stands but the left side moves freely) from what I can see it bounced around inside quite a bit and is a little gouged but doesn't look completely screwed. Not sure if there is even a carrier inside or what exactly happened but haven't been able to take it apart to see how bad it is. Not sure what parts to get if I need a new axle, swing arm etc. if anyone has some advice or experienced this with their raptor please lmk. Also I am new to this forum and this is my first raptor so bare with my low knowledge of parts on this bike. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode