Raptor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have trawlled the net looking for 0-60 times and information on this subject and suprisingly its very scarce. i found one site quoting 5.4 for a standard 700. does anyone have any info? even quarter mile times for standard 700, 660, and mild builds depending on horsepower would be interesting. i thought there would have been loads of discussion on this, but there isnt. it would be interesting to compare ti to bikes and cars etc.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Seen one race a cbr 929 you know the rusults. But the rappy did pull the holeshot.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Stock 700 Ive seen 9.013 @ 72mph (40ish rwhp)
Mild build 700 at 8.53 @ 75mph (55ish rwhp)
Stout build 700 at 8.00 @ 80mph (70ish rwhp)

Big bores and strokers will go faster than that in the 1/8 mile.

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
There is a guy (I can't remember who) here on the forum that has videos of himself suposedly smoking a Mustang GT in the 1/8th mile by looks to me about 7 or 8 car lengths

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Seen one bust an evos ass on you tube.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not surprising at all to me, as very few of us run such a test and there are even fewer places to have it measured.
maybe its a uk thing. 0-60 is probably most common performance gauge in uk, where quarter mile seems to be main american gauge. of course quarter mile is used in uk too and it is very interesting to hear those times as i know it takes a hell of a car to do it in 8 seconds!!, cheers guys.
i know a very very fast car will do 0-60 in around 4 seconds, i guess i just wondered what my raptor would do it in. i have raced a few things (350hp imprezzas) and dusted them, so i know its deff around 5 seconds

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
No we use 0-60 in the US as well, but for cars. There is no standard acceleration test of any kind for atvs nor is there standard manufacturer released engine performance data, chiefly because most of us cannot use them on public roads in the US and therefore we don't use the same information to compare ATVs as we do road-going vehicles.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No we use 0-60 in the US as well, but for cars. There is no standard acceleration test of any kind for atvs nor is there standard manufacturer released engine performance data, chiefly because most of us cannot use them on public roads in the US and therefore we don't use the same information to compare ATVs as we do road-going vehicles.
ahhh, excuse my ignorance lol. its a pity there isnt more info on 0-60. would make interesting reading. i would guess on the road quads would be second only to sport bikes in the 0-60 department. i think quads can get the power to the ground better in the inital launch. any predictions on a a-class rider on a tm450 super moto 2wheeler circa 58hp versus a 700turbo circa75-80hp????....

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Fast! Lmao

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so, is there no drag guys with quarter mile times?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
1/4 mile is a long way on a quad, considering you are basically maxed out in the 1/8th.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The standard drag race for a quad is 300ft. I ran down at LEERJAK last weekend and my 3 mod ran it in 5.9 seconds in sand.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The standard drag race for a quad is 300ft. I ran down at LEERJAK last weekend and my 3 mod ran it in 5.9 seconds in sand.
do you know what speed you crossed it in?

·
Registered
517 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have trawlled the net looking for 0-60 times and information on this subject and suprisingly its very scarce. i found one site quoting 5.4 for a standard 700. does anyone have any info? even quarter mile times for standard 700, 660, and mild builds depending on horsepower would be interesting. i thought there would have been loads of discussion on this, but there isnt. it would be interesting to compare ti to bikes and cars etc.
there has never been a single cyclinder ATV to best 0 to 60 in 7 seconds....consider this a 125cc motocross bike makes the same 40hp of a Yamaha Raptor 700 and is 1/2 the weight and its 0 to 60 is 6 seconds...go figure...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts