Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a chance to trade my 01 660 for a basically stock 04 450. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I bought a stock 2004 YFZ 450, rode it twice and sold it. The Raptor was more comfortable to me. The 450 felt cramped and was no fun in the woods. No reverse either.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I would do it. I wouldnt need or want reverse on my next quad. It is easy pushing it, if you think moving a quad is hard, try moving a sled with studs & wearbars:lol:

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Depends on what kind of riding you do, and how happy you are with the 660. And of course the condition of the 450 vs the condition of your 660.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Unless your racing I wouldn't get a 450. They're fun and fast but require too much attention and aren't very trail friendly. Don't let people tell you that you don't need reverse. Those are the people that haven't rode a real trail. Reverse has saved me numerous times in many different situations. Do yourself a favor and keep the 660.

·
Master of the Electron
15,059 Posts
Every time I ride a 450 I appreciate my 660 even more.

·
Registered
622 Posts
It being a stock 04 yfz def dont do it they have oil problems but i got a new yfzx n the gf has a 660 n we fight to c who rides the 660 more thn the 450

Keep ur 660

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
I like YFZs, but my Big 3 Rap smokes stock YFZs all day.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Only do it if u plan on doin the oil mod

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I am going to go with my gut and not do it, I appreiciate all your opinions. If and when I go with something different I will go with a new 700 or 450 for sure not sure on either yet, will make that decision when the time comes.
The reverse thing never crossed my mind, I think I could live without it but it is nice to have. I rode the 450 a couple of times up and down the street and like it, feels like I could throw it around like it was nothing. But the 660 is alot more comfortable and I don't get to a track very much anymore.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts