Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm new to this forum so I do hope I'm in the correction section. I'm seeking some help and advice for my 01 660. I recently bought a 01 660 from a friend and it ran great. I've had it for about 2 months now and a few weekends ago I was riding for about 2 hours and then I went to put more gas in the tank and I started having problems. The bike started to pop and backfire and then I just shut it down to prevent anything else from happening. Long story short I brought the quad back home and I've been tinkering with it in my shed for the last week or so. I noticed the air filter and spark plug were both pretty beat up. I ordered a new Uni air filter and NGK iridium spark plug. The air filter seems to not be big enough to fit over the metal housing that was inside the previous stock air filter. Not sure what's going on there and then the new NGK iridium plug seems to be too large for the stock spark plug tool. Will this plug work with a deep well socket?

Problem : The starter is working correctly but the bike will not fire over. I'm waiting to install the new plug hoping that's my issue at the moment. Is there any other things to look into? I've heard the parking break presents problems sometimes.

I'm new to quad ownership so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Well I'm new to this forum so I do hope I'm in the correction section. I'm seeking some help and advice for my 01 660. I recently bought a 01 660 from a friend and it ran great. I've had it for about 2 months now and a few weekends ago I was riding for about 2 hours and then I went to put more gas in the tank and I started having problems. The bike started to pop and backfire and then I just shut it down to prevent anything else from happening. Long story short I brought the quad back home and I've been tinkering with it in my shed for the last week or so. I noticed the air filter and spark plug were both pretty beat up. I ordered a new Uni air filter and NGK iridium spark plug. The air filter seems to not be big enough to fit over the metal housing that was inside the previous stock air filter. Not sure what's going on there and then the new NGK iridium plug seems to be too large for the stock spark plug tool. Will this plug work with a deep well socket?

Problem : The starter is working correctly but the bike will not fire over. I'm waiting to install the new plug hoping that's my issue at the moment. Is there any other things to look into? I've heard the parking break presents problems sometimes.

I'm new to quad ownership so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
DPR 8 or 9 EIX will work.......

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
the uni filter should fit on the stock filter cage mine does without problems.....make sure you put a little bit of grease between the filter cage and the air box intake where the plastic meets...this will stop dirt from getting sucked through there

1 - 3 of 3 Posts