Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an early 01 that doesn't have the reverse rev limiter. I have done away with the pb sensor and it ran great for about a week or so. I was riding today and it just fell on its face and the reverse light came on and the it picked right back up then did it again. Should I ground out the reverse sensor?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I just got an early 01 that doesn't have the reverse rev limiter. I have done away with the pb sensor and it ran great for about a week or so. I was riding today and it just fell on its face and the reverse light came on and the it picked right back up then did it again. Should I ground out the reverse sensor?
Yes....................

·
Master of the Electron
15,680 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

How do you know it doesn't have the reverse RPM limiter? MId to late 01's did and it certainly appears from your symptoms as if yours does too.

Either clean and tighten the connection at the reverse switch or ground the wire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. I don't think it has the limiter because I have never been able to hit the limiter. Its toys in reverse. I figured if it had the reverse limiter it would kick in at a lower rpm. I had the rim's very high in reverse and never hit a limiter

·
Master of the Electron
15,680 Posts
Thank you. I don't think it has the limiter because I have never been able to hit the limiter. Its toys in reverse. I figured if it had the reverse limiter it would kick in at a lower rpm. I had the rpm's very high in reverse and never hit a limiter
Well, this sounds as if you might not have the limiter... but the symptoms are conflicting - I'd test by grounding the reverse switch wire (green/white) and seeing if your 'falling flat with reverse light coming on' symptoms go away.

Do you have a stock or aftermarket CDI?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Okay so I cleaned the connection and didn't fix the problem. So I ran it to the neg on the battery and still
didn't fix it. I have a stock CDI.
Check if there is a green and white wire at the CDI and ground that wire, maybe your green and white wire is broken................

1 - 10 of 10 Posts