Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It will fire up and run fine cold, but it blows white smoke if you kill it and start it back up after you've been riding it for a while. If you let it sit for a while after riding it, it fires right up. It idles and runs perfect and doesn't miss or spudder. The spark plug color is fine and doesn't burn oil at all. It started doing it after I cleaned the carbs. Could it be that it's flooding so bad at first that it can't even burn it till it blows the extra fuel out the exhaust? If it was oil wouldn't it continue to smoke all the time? If it was oil leaking by the rings wouldn't it do it after every start up? If it was a water leak caused by by a blown headgasket wouldn't it be running like crap? I'm kind of at a loss here. Also, it was rebuilt last year by Ripper Racing so I doubt it would be the rebuild giving me problems. Any info that ya'll can give me on this will be a BIG help.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
How long does it take for the smoke to stop? I know of a few bikes that blow smoke until they are warmed up enough.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I found the problem, a rusted up head gasket! It blew out by one of the water ports and was dumping water in the cylinder. I don't have a clue why it rusted up but at least it's a quick fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts