Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a raptor with a 686 big bore with stage 1 hot cam. i just got done building it and my coolant is flowing to overflow tank. i take cap off run it to look for bubbles but nothing. i put some coolant in drove it around and coolant spits out again. i take the cap off right after and the coolant was bath water not even hot. i flushed the whole system and blead it twice and still same thing. could it be the upgrades and the motor is getting to hot? i also got new radiator cap still the same thing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
head gasket has not even 3 hours on it. plus wouldn't there be bubbles when it running if it was bad?

·
Registered
20 Posts
head gasket has not even 3 hours on it. plus wouldn't there be bubbles when it running if it was bad?
might check the thermostat under the handlebars to see if it’s releasing correctly but usually a compression test will help you find the point where it’s building up internally

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Cmorrison its got a bran new jug but we sanded the cylinder head because there was some small scratches but it shouldn't cause any problems, plus it does burn any coolant so that why i dont know whats wrong if the head or gasket is bad u should see bubbles from the radiator and u should either smell or see the smoke coming out

·
Registered
20 Posts
I follow a guy on YouTube since I’ve gotten into my top end that’s had similar issues with his niche 686 cylinder kit blowing the rad fluid out constantly to where it cracked the overflow bottle , he thought there was a crack internally in the cylinder letting cylinder pressure in somehow

·
Registered
20 Posts
I follow a guy on YouTube called Mr Cuervo racing he kinda explains better why these kits fail sometimes cause the mating surfaces are slightly smaller than oem , I just ponied up for the oem stock bore. It’s sad my buddy with a 450r goes just grab a “cylinder works” kit oh yeah they don’t make em for raptors!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have heard of people using these kits and working good you might have to look around on this site for the link but look up that kit

1 - 14 of 14 Posts