Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 01 Raptor. It seems after 5 minutes the temp light comes on. I have an temp laser and I see normal temps on the radiator. The fan comes on as normal. If I touch the clutch handle and move it a hair it goes off. Let go of the clutch handle, comes back on.

Is that a sensor, or a bad wire some where?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
My temperature light flashes on when I am pressing the start button. I'm sure its a faulty wire or sensor

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
I suspect it is mis-wired or there is a short between several wires through chafed insulation.

The interesting fact is that it goes away by moving the clutch lever. The clutch perch has two switches - parking brake and clutch. Both switches make contact between their signal wire and ground when their respective function is operated - pb on or clutch pulled in. Also, one lead from the temp light is pulled to ground when the thermo switch at the thermostat housing heats up and makes contact to ground.

So, I'd look for a short between the temp light white/blue wire and either the clutch switch black/yellow wire or the pb switch green/yellow wire - they all exist up behind the radiator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts