Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the raptor about 5 months ago,have everything sorted out...but have no reverse..!!

When I bought it,the reverse cable was busted,down were it attatches to the bracket on the side of the motor.

Since then,have bought a new cable,but just wont go into reverse..??

Have tried without the cable attatched,and just moving the bracket,but still nothing..??

When shifting down from first into what is supposed to be reverse,the reverse light comes on,but there is nothing...just like having a second neutral ..??

Knowing its an 01,could it be the tranny..??...Shifts fine in all other gears,no skipping,etc.

Where should I start..??

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Picked up the raptor about 5 months ago,have everything sorted out...but have no reverse..!!

When I bought it,the reverse cable was busted,down were it attatches to the bracket on the side of the motor.

Since then,have bought a new cable,but just wont go into reverse..??

Have tried without the cable attatched,and just moving the bracket,but still nothing..??

When shifting down from first into what is supposed to be reverse,the reverse light comes on,but there is nothing...just like having a second neutral ..??

Knowing its an 01,could it be the tranny..??...Shifts fine in all other gears,no skipping,etc.

Where should I start..??
If the reverse light comes on when you shift all the way down and you have no reverse, then most likley you have tans internal problems, and this is not common, 01 or not.................

·
Master of the Electron
15,527 Posts
Try pressing down on shifter several times, releasing clutch a bit in between each try (with the knob still turned).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts