Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got through replacing 2nd gear took it out last weekend and it ran fine for a while but started to slip in 2nd as it got warmer it seemed to slip in all the gears so i got a new clutch and springs put it in and same deal sliping 2nd gear it fills like the clutch but its new and lined up right pad steel pad with the small one on top arrow to dot. has any one seen this or herd of it i could use some advice. thanks:):cool:

01 raptor 660r stock

·
Registered
247 Posts
I am assuming you adjusted the cable properly( you should have alittle slack in the clutch handle), are you using motorcycle oil?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes the clutch is loose if anything and I'm using ATV oil from auto-zone so don't think that could do it. I'm thinking its the fork may be bent but it seem to get worse as it got warmer and other gears seem to slip as well when warm i have not warmed up this clutch to see if first slips but cold it well pull a Willey and jerks in 2nd like its slipping. if the warm cold differences wasn't trowing me off i would just pull it and take it back out and replace the fork but don't want to if i don't need to. thank

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sounds like clutch issues dude, I would pull that apart if nothing obvious is wrong

1 - 5 of 5 Posts