Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it all 01s that have a problem or just some? i know its the parts that were weaker in them but what are the odds to have a problem? does anyone know were the cheapest place to get the replacement parts from i saw the conversion parts list on raptor tranny but havent really found the parts as cheap as that... cheapcycleparts.com has them all but arent very cheap i didnt think so .. any input appreciated

·
Registered
127 Posts
i think someone said it was like 40% of the 01's are effected. i have an 01 and have never had any problems with it. i think yukon gears makes some good aftermarket gears but i think anything is going to be expensive and labor intense. replacing the tranny with an 02+ would be the best optioin.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I believe that Yamaha fixed the issue late in 01. My 01 is one that HAS the problem. My engine is currently tore down in the middle of the fix.

I purchased a new set of gears out of an 05 Raptor for around $300. This was a buy it now price... not an auction (I was impatient). It came with the input shaft, output shaft, all the gears, the reverse gear, shift forks, and the shift drum.

Many people like the option of using 02-05 gears because it changes the gear ratios... 1st and 2nd become taller I believe. Goodluck.

·
Master of the Electron
15,059 Posts
I ran a poll a year or so ago. Of all RF 01 owners that responded - well over a hundred, if I recall, only about 40% had actually had a tranny failure. I am one of the rest - no problems yet (knock on wood).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts