Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
shift from first to second always hits neutral , second gear seems to be there still, found actual neutral then shifted up one to second...

·
Registered
31 Posts
what kinda shoes are u wearing? this sounds dumb but when i wore my skate shoes i couldnt kick it psat neautral but wearing boots all i have to do is tap it up and boom 2nd gear.....thats my fix :thumbsup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
do you have a direct shift or is it stock? usually its crazy hard to find neutral with the stock shifter....
i have the same problem shifting from 1 to 2 gear. it only happens when im drag racing or trying to get the hole shot but it never fails to shift up into nuetral instead or second even with my boots on. were can i find a direct shift lever to get rid of all that stupid linkage yamaha has

·
Registered
349 Posts
Do you have the '02 second gear? Or is it still stock?

If its an '01 gear, then it could have a bent gear dog. That would make it not engage as well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Do you have the '02 second gear? Or is it still stock?

If its an '01 gear, then it could have a bent gear dog. That would make it not engage as well.
to my knowledge the transmision is all stock i am the second owner of the raptor i bought it off my friend and he never rode it im gonna try a direct shift lever to take out all of that crap stock shifter linkage and i will see what happens from there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts