Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Yamaha Raptor 660. I went out one weekend and I had to jump the battery with a jump box and the bike fired right up and continued to after that. During the week I bought a brand new battery. The bike continued to fire. While i was riding a trail the bike died and would not start. I had to pop start the bike the rest of the day. I thought the started was out now since the bike is so old. I took the start off and it is working. And when i have it connected to the bike and hit the start button the starter is turning so I can rule out the relay switch as well and that is working.. So there is something wrong with the engine that the starter is not turning the engine over.
Has anyone had this problem and if so can you please help.... thanks a lot , matt

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
So does the starter turn but the engine does not, if this is the case it could be a problem with the one way clutch or the bolts that hold this clutch to the back side of the flywheel may be broken..............
If the starter doesnt turn, then you may have electrical issues that will need further troubleshooting...........let us know............

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The starter does turn i know it is not an electrical problem because when i have the stater hooked up but off the bike everything works fine. It is just when I have the starter and everything hooked up it is like the starter is turning but the engine is not... All the gears look fine as well. I am thinking it is the one way clutch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts