Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys...I’ve about given up on what to do... I bought the quad obviously without the full story of what had happend to it. Basically what is happening is as soon as the piston is about to hit TDC the starter stops turning the motor and the starter relay goes crazy with a buzzing sound resulting in wires from the battery to the starter relay to start burning... If I remove the spark plug then the motor turns over perfectly... I’ve checked the decompression pin, replaced the battery, I’ve had the starter motor tested, checked the valve timing and clearances, cleaned all possible terminals and have had zero luck on getting the motor to turn over properly... turning the motor over with a socket on the flywheel is just as tough as soon as it reaches that position... but without the plug in its a hell of a lot better...Could it be that the motor has too much compression?? Any help would really be appreciated.. Thanks

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,598 Posts
Your new battery needs to be charged to at least 13.5 volts.

Then check the decompression system.

·
Master of the Electron
14,516 Posts
Your decomp may be failing... check and adjust your valve lash, make the exhaust valves a bit tighter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts