Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 02 raptor 660 I bought few months ago.. its supposedly had work done to the motor but have no proof. When I first bought it the floats were sticking open. So I pulled carbs and fixed the floats while also cleaning the carbs. I replaced the spark plug and air filter. I was able to take it out a few times and ride for a few hours. But this last trip I noticed it was running a little funny like it would bog down a bit when I gave it throttle but eventually cleared its self up and continued riding. The while I was out on a trail I had to stop and turn the 4 wheeler off. Then went to start it and wouldn't start. I had someone pull me and tried to jump start it and it would fire up but acted like it wasnt getting fuel or it was getting too much. I took the quad home parked it in garage and next day I came out a a pool of fuel on the floor from carbs. I've been trying to start it with carb spray but it won't do anything other than back fire once. Please help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I threw a new plug in gapped it to .8 and still will only back fire once when trying to start with carb spray

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know I have spark. Valves arnt stuck. I got some compression but not sure if its enough.. when trying to star with carb spray and the carbs off I notice alot of air coming out of motor out of the holes for the carbs on engine block im assuming is normal?

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Make sure you are adjusting the valves on the correct stroke, and check the timing marks on the cam and crank to make sure they align correctly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked the valves and they are definitely tight. Will update once I get a chance to work on her

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Check your carb boots are still tight on the intake and the carbs, and that they don't have any tears. It's getting way too much air and not enough fuel to do anything with the carbs off. If you're still getting fuel overflow, re-set the float level.

·
Master of the Electron
15,448 Posts
Check valve adjustment and cam timing...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts