Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a gytr clutch kit and now it's like it jumps in and out of 5th gear! Every time I adjust it, it either does that or 5th is non existent, no matter which way I adjust it! Please help

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,689 Posts
Loosen the adjuster at the perch, then check for free play at the lever on the clutch cover. Then, adjust free play at the cable and the perch for about 1/16". A new clutch will need to be adjusted a few times as the fibers wear in.

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
30 Posts
Loosen the adjuster at the perch, then check for free play at the lever on the clutch cover. Then, adjust free play at the cable and the perch for about 1/16". A new clutch will need to be adjusted a few times as the fibers wear in.
agreed, i had to adjust it a couple times when i installed a full fiber mod with 06 yfz fibers with HD springs

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,689 Posts
Yes and maybe.

Did your GYTR clutch include new plates or did you reuse the old ones?

Loose springs could cause slippage, and can feel like it's in and out of gear.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Could be. I would definitely start with adjusting it first before you go splitting the case to inspect the gears/forks. With new fibers you need to keep adjusting it till it sets.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got it guys! I had to split the cases but the 5th gear engagement dogs were rounded off! I appreciate all your help

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually, when I built the motor we ended up with 3 of them all together! That being said it wasn't costly at all

1 - 13 of 13 Posts