Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone please help! I have an 01 Raptor 660R. I am having a extremely difficult time getting my Quad to fire up. It has a DynoJet Stage 3 kit on it. I bought it in June and it was kind of hard to start up bet eventually it would fire up. Now that is it cold, I have to either get a tow start or clutch start it down a hill. When it warms up, it will start up fine. Just wondering if it's not getting enough gas or if the jets are giving it too much gas. If anyone has any input, it would be greatly appreciated.

Yohon

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Well engines require three things..... Spark, fule and air. Have you checked the spark plug to make sure its ok?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I bought a brand new one and it still does the same thing. When I was at my buddies house, I would take it out and put the plug to a brush grinder then spray a lil WD-40 on it and it would fire up. Now with a new plug, it turns over fine but will nit fire up. Just cranks and cranks and cranks.

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
Check your carb boots, richen your idle, and adjust your valves. And did you check for spark, or just put a new plug in?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maddog56:

Thanks for your input and suggestion...I will try it tomorrow when I get home from work...Also it is an 02 Raptor, not an 01 but I doubt that makes any difference...Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.