Raptor Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Git-R-Done
721 Posts
If you need a cdi i have one i will sell for 30 bucks plus shipping.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Anything else guys? Had the carbs tore down again (3rd time) blown out and wire through everything. All jets verified to be in correct position. Idles good, fuel level in carbs good. No leaks that I can find in the boots with brake clean. Will rev a bit but will die out (no sputtering or anything like its a limiter). Have the PB switch cut at the CDI harness. The reverse switch grounded to the battery from the CDI. New (used) CDI from tmc. Good spark. All valves are within specs. Pulled voltage regulator while running so I am assuming the stator is good..

I am at a loss...

·
I am unique
22,423 Posts
Anything else guys? Had the garbstore down again (3rd time) blown out and wire through everything. All jets verified to be in correct position. Idles good, fuel level in carbs good. No leaks that I can find in the boots with brake clean. Will rev a bit but will die out (no sputtering or anything like its a limiter). Have the PB switch cut at the CDI harness. The reverse switch grounded to the battery from the CDI. New (used) CDI from tmc. Good spark. All valves are within specs. Pulled voltage regulator while running so I am assuming the stator is good..

I am at a loss...
So with two different CDIs you have the same symptoms............

What was the original problem...............

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
The original problem was the petcock leaked, floats stuck open, fill engine will gas. Rebuilt carbs with all new parts. Ultrasonic cleaned them, compressed air, and put wire through all passages. Flushed 10 quarts of oil through engine. Did final oil change. Started right up, Idles great but will not rev. Did all the mods to the reverse and parking brake. Rechecked carbs 2 more times. checked valves. Tried a new CDI. Disconnect voltage regulator to see if it was the stator.

Edit The carbs are assembled per the service manual.

·
I am unique
22,423 Posts
The original problem was the petcock leaked, floats stuck open, fill engine will gas. Rebuilt carbs with all new parts. Ultrasonic cleaned them, compressed air, and put wire through all passages. Flushed 10 quarts of oil through engine. Did final oil change. Started right up, Idles great but will not rev. Did all the mods to the reverse and parking brake. Rechecked carbs 2 more times. checked valves. Tried a new CDI. Disconnect voltage regulator to see if it was the stator.

Edit The carbs are assembled per the service manual.
You do realize that part of the emulsifier tubes can be installed upside down and will cause this problem.

·
Git-R-Done
721 Posts
That sucks bro. listen to willy he will figure it out for you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Okay, checked the little nozzle piece (guide?) for the needle would only fit in one way. One side is 5mm, the other is 5.2mm and it wouldn't allow me to screw the emulsifier tube in more than two threads when I flipped it. Is the tapered side supposed to facing the needle or the main jet? Checked the original ones and they are the same dimensions and the new ones.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·

K, got this pic off another site. I have it installed the way the left one is, with the flat part sticking out into the throat of the carb. (towards the needle). The needle drops down into it.

·
I am unique
22,423 Posts

K, got this pic off another site. I have it installed the way the left one is, with the flat part sticking out into the throat of the carb. (towards the needle). The needle drops down into it.
The right hand tube is the correct way to install the tube, it should be up like it shows in your picture, and they can be a prick to get into place properly...........

21 - 40 of 41 Posts