Raptor Forum banner
1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Mdwilson2011 
#1 ·
I picked up an 03 660. Starter was bad and CDI box was ripped out.(tree branch was still there). I replaced the starter and still nothing. Now I have went all through it. New box, rectifier, ignition coil, spark plug, kill switch, battery, solenoid and stator. Still didn’t start so replaced the one way clutch. Still nothing. Motor spins by hand freely and spark from plug. It seems electrical but I can’t place it. Any ideas where to look next???

#3 ·
It’s cranking but not firing. Tried to bump start it and it would turn over then die immediately. Have good spark. Kats a work was saying air screws were either to tight or to loose. Took card off and cleaned jets. Both screws were 4 1/2 turns out. Put them back to factory. Doing a compression test today.

#7 ·
If you have spark and compression it would lead me to believe you have a fueling issue. May I suggest that if your compression was low you would most likely have a wet spark plug from fuel that didn’t burn. I would be more concerned with finding out why you are not getting fuel before I did a compression test. A easy way to see if you are not getting fuel is give it a little starting fluid or brake parts cleaner while cranking. If the engine fires right up you know you need to find out why you aren’t he fuel. If it does not start it is time to check spark again and do a compression test.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.