Raptor Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here we go again. I have an 03 660 with Yosh full exhaust and a K&N filter with lid on. Carbs are clean and the plug is good. Here are the symptoms.

When I go thru the gears I hit the limiter at 6000 rpm's. The plug looks perfect after I run it. Not rich or lean. When I open the throttle all the way up it begins to hesitate. If I let of the throttle a little bit I runs good. I used the GPS on it and it registered at 66mph. Too slow for me. I have a 14/40 sprocket set up. I thought it was the rev limiter and my wife bought a stock used one on e-bay for me to test out. When I plugged that one in the bike ran like hell immediatly. When the clutch is pulled in it idles perfect. When you let the clutch out it bogs right away. I put my original box back on and I have the original problem again. A friend of mine has a dyno for street bikes. We plugged the bike in to check the rev limits on the bike and it sputters at 6000 rpm every gear. Is the cdi box the problem? Any suggestions? :help:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.