Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to start my raptor and it sounded like the starter was just spinning. I went ahead and pulled of the starter gear cover to see if any of the gears were damaged, and all looks good. I covered the end with my hand to see if the gears just wernt locking and the gears spun the shaft comming out of the starter is spinning clockwise is that correct? i went ahead and manualy spun the gear that looks like it goes into the clutch housing and it spent freely counter clockwise but had firm resistance and would not spin clockwise. Any ideas? can anyone help?

josh

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
Even if the 52T gear turns only one way under hand force doesn't mean it will hold under starting load... it's most likely the starter one-way clutch - we've just about all been there, done that. L&A or Extreme replacement - $250 in parts... 2 hours if you are decent at turning wrenches.

Of course, could be the one-way bolts have sheared - not as common, but does happen.

Either way, you're gonna have to pull the left side cover and inspect.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
havent pulled the side off yet, however when i throw it in gear and rock the quad back in forth the starter will then engauge and start right up. That brings me to anouther issue though, When i accelerat up the gears it dose fine but when i let off it cuts out. Ichecked the throttle ajuster and its sitting right it sounds like it is ither getting to much fuel or not enough almost like it is bogging down.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
One way problems and jetting problems, you will need to give us some details as to how it runs.......

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
Replace the one way, remove and thorougly clean the carbs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts