Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive had this happen to me twice now a censor or something in the parking break is screwy any suggestions also today when i was riding seemed likethe starter button wasnt working everytime this is my first atv idk much about them but have a little mechanical skills was wondering where is the best place to get aftermarket parts

the mods that i know of r
dual barkers
jetted carbs
moded rev
airbox cut open
aftermarket pistons

·
Master of the Electron
14,895 Posts
Can you be more specific about your symptoms, please?

What are your symptoms relative to the parking brake switch?

RE: starter button not working, does the temp light come on when you press it (when it ISN'T working), and do you hear a CLICK sound under the seat when this happens? I assume you mean that when you press the start button, nothing happens - no starter motor whirr, no engine turning over, no nothing, right?

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
Quad what does it mean when your temp light comes on when a person hits the start button? I've seen it happen a couple of times on mine.

Sorry for the thread jump

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Quad what does it mean when your temp light comes on when a person hits the start button? I've seen it happen a couple of times on mine.

Sorry for the thread jump
The temp light coming on is totally normal when starting.....................

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
to add to the prkning brake on clutch side it will strt but will run all boggy sounding and sounds like it missing to sum it up runs like shit lol i havent been using the brake but when i jiggle the part that has round button and post that the brake lever catches it will run again
to answer to the turn over button yes the temp light comes on i can hear my fan die dwn when i push it but nothing (fan is hardwired to run when key is on) this took place when it just staled on me towstarted it an it would die when i would slow dwn to take sharp turns then had to get towed in today and when i got back to the parking lot it worked again still is wrking going riding tomorrow but i dont want the same thing to happen again it was frustating

·
Master of the Electron
14,895 Posts
1st, I'd suggest some punctuation so we can follow your sentences.

2nd, unplug the white, 2 pin connector that has black wires in one side and green/yellow and black in the other side... this is up behind the left headlight up near the radiator. This is the parking brake switch connector, and unplugging will eliminate the parking brake RPM limiter. This is the cause of the bogging/sputter just above idle which goes away when you jiggle the clutch/parking brake mechanism.

Please give more details about the bike dying and the inability to start in chronological order using some punctuation... I'm having a hard time following the problem. From all I can glean so far, it sounds as if your battery is dead. Can't tell you more without more, understandable detail.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
to add to the prkning brake on clutch side it will strt but will run all boggy sounding and sounds like it missing to sum it up runs like shit lol i havent been using the brake but when i jiggle the part that has round button and post that the brake lever catches it will run again
to answer to the turn over button yes the temp light comes on i can hear my fan die dwn when i push it but nothing (fan is hardwired to run when key is on) this took place when it just staled on me towstarted it an it would die when i would slow dwn to take sharp turns then had to get towed in today and when i got back to the parking lot it worked again still is wrking going riding tomorrow but i dont want the same thing to happen again it was frustating
This is the longest sentence in the world, we dont mind helping but it is very hard to decipher which phrase is what and to what you mean...........:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
My bike is doing same park brake problem if I start it it runs perfect if I rev it bk fires and sounds like timing out it reverse goes ok will rev up no bk fire soon as I go in first it starts doing it again powers great till splutter I tryed different carbs and no different I cleaned the carbs put bk on great ran the green white bk to negative there’s no sensor in my clutch leaver and unplugged any help would be awesome I’m running out of ideas

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,250 Posts
My bike is doing same park brake problem if I start it it runs perfect if I rev it bk fires and sounds like timing out it reverse goes ok will rev up no bk fire soon as I go in first it starts doing it again powers great till splutter I tryed different carbs and no different I cleaned the carbs put bk on great ran the green white bk to negative there’s no sensor in my clutch leaver and unplugged any help would be awesome I’m running out of ideas
Wow another long sentence that seams to be happening on both sides of the pond that just rambles on and doesnt make much sense with bk fire and bad timing out in reverse goes ok will rev up no bk fire soon etc etc etc etc and what is bk I never learned that in school I went to or is it scool now

·
Master of the Electron
14,895 Posts
Gupter, without punctuation and with all the abbreviations your sentences are impossible to read. Unless you can clean them up we can't help you.

Also, you are asking for help on the same problem in multiple posts. Please stick to the post you started in General 660.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts