Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if TRX450 Front Shocks would bolt onto my 03 Raptor because i need something stiffer and i dont want to spend the money for elkas r ishocks. thanks

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Kahrensberg said:
I was wondering if TRX450 Front Shocks would bolt onto my 03 Raptor because i need something stiffer and i dont want to spend the money for elkas r ishocks. thanks
Look into the yfz450 shocks. They bolt right up and have much more adjustability over the stock shocks and can be had for under $200.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Kahrensberg said:
why would a honda part bolt to a yamaha :3question:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
peanut326 said:
why would a honda part bolt to a yamaha :3question:
Shocks are for the most part very similiar. They are usually around the same lenght, same bolt size, ect. Im not saying they are all identical but most of the time they are pretty close to where they will either bolt up with little modification, or even sometimes no modification at all. Now some will just not work at all becuase there mounting system is different, or lenght is too far off or something but sometimes it will work.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Sorry, TRX shocks are too long for a Yamaha front end. The YFZ shocks are your best bet for a cheap alternative to aftermarket shocks.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Are the TRX shocks long travel as well?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Most Raptor long travel front shocks are 18 1/2" long eye to eye. I will warn you that typically speaking Honda stock shocks are complete junk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts