Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on a kx 250, put new top-end in it. Its a wiseco top-end kit. Smoking oil realy bad. On the piston there are two rings. They looked the same, is there a difference between the two. Is one a oil ring? The other the compression ring? Check the gaps on rings befor install. .10 feeler gauge went in between the ends no problem. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT i DID WRONG? WOULD APPRECIATE IT. THANKS......

·
Registered
235 Posts
they are both compression rings. unless you mixed the gas way rich or its jetted way rich, it could be drawing in crankcase oil . possibly could have bad crank seals and/or bearings.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kx 250

mixed at 32:1. owner did say that when he changes the oil, has a grey color to it. Not the antifreeze, level of antifreeze stays the same. And sure enough I put gearsaver oil in lower end. Had the bike running about 7min. and the gear oil was chocolate milk color.

·
Registered
235 Posts
2 strokes need maintenance in that area also usually. ive seen alot suck oil if neglected.i always at least changed the seals in there with a top end rebuild.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts