Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 04 was running this past weekend and only had problem when I tried to use reverse. Today I tried to start it and I heard some loud clicks coming from the starter relay and then just quit, no power. I tried a different battery and had the same result. The neutral light goes out when I push the starter button and then just the red temp light comes on when I press the start button. I took the battery out to look at the CDI and when I put it back in It did the same thing. The neutral light was on then when I pressed the start button it did it again on power and only the temp light comes on when pressing the start button. My head lights and tail lite work fine. Ant ideals on what is going on?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. I did get it to start when I hold in the clutch so I think I need to check the clutch switch but I'm not getting the neutral lite or my reverse lite . I think on the reverse lite I need to check where I put in the bypass relay on that. My quad didn't back fire in reverse when I backed it across the garage. It was late last night and didn't want to wake my wife. My quad is loud

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
My 04 was running this past weekend and only had problem when I tried to use reverse. Today I tried to start it and I heard some loud clicks coming from the starter relay and then just quit, no power. I tried a different battery and had the same result. The neutral light goes out when I push the starter button and then just the red temp light comes on when I press the start button. I took the battery out to look at the CDI and when I put it back in It did the same thing. The neutral light was on then when I pressed the start button it did it again on power and only the temp light comes on when pressing the start button. My head lights and tail lite work fine. Ant ideals on what is going on?
Check the battery and start relay connections, also the ground strap connections, also check the short red fat battery wire that goes from the start relay to the battery, I have seen these break internally and the insulation is still intact............

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Ill check it. It doesn't look that good but the installation looks ok and I thought about replacing it. Also when I was checking the wires and noticed that 2 wires had been added to. The black and if I remember right a white/red and I don't know if that was a factory or previous owner, but the splice was with a brass splice and it was cover with a clear rubbery installation. Do u know?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts