Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 04 and I was going to order a new chain from dennis kirk and I found where it said that stock length was 98 and I found where it said it was 108. Which one is it? Im going to a 12tooth front sprocket do I have to cut links off and if so how many? What chain do you guys recommend? Thanks

·
Registered
441 Posts
520/98 o ring chain. I use a Renthal chain. im not quite sure about whether or not you would have to remove a link. You will probably just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
You're only changing one tooth, that's equal to a half of one link. You won't need to change the chain any unless you order a universal chain. They are usually sold in 10 link increments (100, 110, 120, etc.).

G

·
I have a 98 chain with the 12 tooth front sprocket, I didn't have to remove any links but you will not have much adjustment room left on you chain adjusters after the chain is broke in. P.S if you do remove links you will need to remove two at a time

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
520 is width (I think) and 98 is number of inside and outside links including master link.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts