Raptor Forum banner

04 Raptor 660 issues

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  SpDdEmOn 
#1 ·
Ok, my buddie just bought an 04 raptor 660 from a guy he works with.. It is basically stock except the guy put a pro circuit full exhaust and a k&n intake on it. My friend bought it for 2000 becuase the guy said it runs like crap. He said the pipes glow red just ideling. He said he thought the carbs were bad so he replaced them. He said he did jet it but it sounds to me as though it isnt a carb issue, but more of just incorrect jetting. We took the carbs off and found a 144L and 146R. That seems a little too lean for the bike. I could be mistaken. If anyone has came into this before or could help me out that would be great.. Im use to the whole fuel injection thing myself. but any input would be good. I did breifly do a search but couldnt find an exhaust match.. I live in the outskirts of boston mass so the elevation is close to sea level. thanks

#2 ·
You fellas came into a good deal from the sounds of it. Yeah I think you are right from the sounds of it. If you don't have anymore jets then either purchase a jet kit and follow the directions or go buy some jets and get started. Stock is like 140/145 so stay 5 higher on the higher side and keep going up until its right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.