Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new guy here. i have a 04 raptor i just bought it and its missing i had a similar problem with my blaster it was the cdi box. i bought a new one and still same thing.it starts idles fine but give it gas and whoa it stips and sputters and carries on.it happened once before then corrected itself but now it is all it does any ideas cause i am out of them.

rost

·
Registered
61 Posts
You may want to thumb through the different threads first. Maybe refer to the sticky. I know I have read quit a few threads breaking down all the different possible issues.
Good Luck!

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
Read rthe "Most Common Raptor 660 Problems Explained" sticky at top of this section. Pay close attention to Section 2 on RPM limiters - this is most likely your problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same issue. The parking brake was loose.

I disconnected the parking brake at the handle. Missed like crazy, pressed in the silver button, and perfect. Took out the slack and everything was ok.

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
The better thing to do is to unplug the parking brake switch - eliminating the issue all together.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
awesome thanks guys it was the parking brake i just went outside and pulled it back and it revs up fine.for now i am just gonna go ride but thanks for the info i will be unhooking that soon. i never knew it had that on there i will post some pics of my quad it is a beauty. well mostly its dirty but you get the point. thanks again

rost

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
IT's a white, two pin connector, up behind the radiator, with black and green/yellow wires... unplug it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts