Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would love to buy better then stock....but cash is tight right now....and my rear shock is shot.....keep busting my balls on jumps and my local shop wants like 200 bucks to re do the shock....

·
Registered
332 Posts
patience dude

·
Registered
332 Posts
try a YFZ shock, you can get em pretty cheap

·
Registered
332 Posts
people have told me to get em, need someone more experienced to chime in here

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I think the YFZ rear is quite a bit shorter, and I'm not sure if it bolts right up or not. YFZ fronts are about an inch shorter than 660 fronts, and are a common mod people do.

You might be able to find a 700 rear for a decent price. Those can be made to work with some modding.

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
If 200 bucks is breaking the bank for you, then a stock 660R rear in good shape is probably the best option IMO. They can be found for under 100 bucks.

But if you're really that concerned about your balls being busted, I'd save up and do the 200 dollar rebuild/revalve.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
200 isnt breaking the bank but id rather put the 200 toward a new shock then have it rebuilt....but i def can afford 900 bucks for a new elka.....you know of any off name brands that are good for a trails....and im no pro by any means........

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
The OEM rear shock isn't a bad part, and IMO a rear aftermarket shock isn't a requirement. You can get a Works QuadStar for less than 900, but I still think a rear rebuild, revalve, and respring will be a better choice. I ran a rebuilt rear shock for a couple years and it worked well. I know many who have and are happy with rebuilt rear shocks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts