Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to clean up the system can i put 05 clutch lever on an 04 if i remove the parking brake system all together .... does the 05 handle have the spot for the clutch sensor....???

·
Master of the Electron
15,065 Posts
Yes, the clutch switch is part of the 05 clutch perch/handle assembly.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya but what do you do for the clutch sensor that is plugged in to the perch or can i use a yfz 450 lever and perch

·
Registered
521 Posts
you should be able to by pass the sensor so you can just eliminate the clutch lever sensor wires

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how do you do that couldnt find anything

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts
how do you do that couldnt find anything
you can bypass the the clutch switch, just follow the wire and pull them apart and plug the to connecters together, and take the wire off the perch. i have the avs levers on mine. just watch though the bike will start even if you don't pull in the clutch lever in by doing this.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I used the clutch lever and perch off of my old DS650 that I use for parts, Wow what a difference it made on mine, It must have a different pivot point to make pulling the clutch easier. My friend has Hydro clutch on his and mine pulls almost as easy as his. Next I want to swap a DS650 brake lever and master cylinder on mine as they have the parking brake built on the front wheels and not the back but my parts quad one is broke:mad:from a crash lol

·
Master of the Electron
15,065 Posts
Black/yellow stripe and black wires lead from the clutch switch at the perch down to a pair of bullet connectors at the harness... unplug the switch wires and plug the two harness bullet connectors together - now you can start in any gear without pulling the clutch and the switch is unnecessary.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts