Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm just wondering what the difference is between the 660 raptor '04 and '05 I'm going to look at them both today and tomorrow. I know that the '05 was the last year that they made the 660's. I'm just wondering if there is a HUGE difference in the model as to why would one would be better (besides its a year newer) they are both in pretty mint condition, and are in the same price range, the '04 was asking for 3,900 and he said he'd do 3,700 min, the 05 was asking 4,500 and said he'd do 4,100. They are also both the limited edition. Bikes state they are both mostly stock the 05 says it has flat black nerf bars, ITP rims, maxxis razr2 front tires and Turf tamers on the back.

Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
Im not sure what the differences are, if any but I would look at what mods are done to either bike and decide that way.

For that kind of money though I would look for a 700.

Good luck in your decision and purchase

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Seems like a high price to me to. I would look into a 700 for that kind of money. Stock for stock I think the 700's are a better buy. Most 660's go for around 1800-3000 here and they better be nice for 3,700 and up. You can buy a SWEET 700 for that price. It just seems the 660's need a lot of upgrades to compare to the 700's(wider A-arm's-axle, shocks and such). I'm not dogging a 660 as I have 2 but for that kind of money I would look into a 700 hard as they will hold the value lonegr to. You can also check the for sale section in here and get a idea of what they cost.

as far as 04-05 differences I know there mostly the same the 05 has wider footpegs and I think the parking brake is a bit difference, I don't know of much more but nothing crazy different between the 2.

·
Registered
273 Posts
shit i bought my 04 660 for 2200 that is way to much money look at the kelly blue book on the of course that is stock prices but check both prices trade in and retail and go somewhere in the middle of those 2 prices good luck

·
Registered
167 Posts
Last July I bought my 07 se for 4000 with fat pegs/nerfs,filter,slip-on,fuel controller and a set of paddles.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I bought an 04 last week with tons of more. Handle bars, bumpers, moose need bars w heelvguards, full fmf exhaust, bullet dash, +2 A-arms . 2125. Shit to be honest there are a bunch on ebay right now newer n nicer than mine for around the same price as mine. But with what I said do u guys think I got a good deal?

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I bought an 04 last week with tons of more. Handle bars, bumpers, moose need bars w heelvguards, full fmf exhaust, bullet dash, +2 A-arms . 2125. Shit to be honest there are a bunch on ebay right now newer n nicer than mine for around the same price as mine. But with what I said do u guys think I got a good deal?
Seems like a good deal with the extras. +2's are a big one as the stock is narrow...

·
Registered
146 Posts
3700 for an 04 is what a dealer would charge. One thing I have learned about "toys" is be patient and u will always get a good deal. Always an old figure tgat buys too powerful of machine or someone who doesn't have time to ride. Just make sure they aren't lyin to ya.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Lol I just had a dealer try to sell me an '01 660 for $4k. He brought it around from the back, it's got Full FMF, ITP SS Alloys, Holeshots (rears need replacement), cheap nerfs, Moose bumpers, and Works (not sure exactly what kind) front suspension. No internal motor work, nothing else. I looked at him and said something to the extent of "I was expecting it to fuel, drive, wash, and fix itself for that price." He was appalled that I would tell him that. Oh yeah, this was also after the first words out of his mouth were about the "badass 2-stroke Raptor 660 that does 100mph" he had in the back.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Lol I just had a dealer try to sell me an '01 660 for $4k. He brought it around from the back, it's got Full FMF, ITP SS Alloys, Holeshots (rears need replacement), cheap nerfs, Moose bumpers, and Works (not sure exactly what kind) front suspension. No internal motor work, nothing else. I looked at him and said something to the extent of "I was expecting it to fuel, drive, wash, and fix itself for that price." He was appalled that I would tell him that. Oh yeah, this was also after the first words out of his mouth were about the "badass 2-stroke Raptor 660 that does 100mph" he had in the back.
Haha, yeah dealers are kind of a joke. The round around here is anyway. I asked them if what I got was a good deal, his response "oh you can buy a 4 wheeler for under 4 grand. If its under that its a guarenteed basket case."

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
I'm just wondering what the difference is between the 660 raptor '04 and '05 I'm going to look at them both today and tomorrow. I know that the '05 was the last year that they made the 660's. I'm just wondering if there is a HUGE difference in the model as to why would one would be better (besides its a year newer) they are both in pretty mint condition, and are in the same price range, the '04 was asking for 3,900 and he said he'd do 3,700 min, the 05 was asking 4,500 and said he'd do 4,100. They are also both the limited edition. Bikes state they are both mostly stock the 05 says it has flat black nerf bars, ITP rims, maxxis razr2 front tires and Turf tamers on the back.

Thanks

I hopy you're talking Canadian dollars here, cuz this is WAY too much for any 660 in US $. Going price should be between $2500 and $3000 max for 04-05's, unless there's so few of them in your area that the price is inflated.

As others have said, for the asking price, you should instead be able to get a recent 700.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Even then, isn't the Canadian dollar worth about the same as the American dollar? About a month or so back when I looked, the exchange rate was about equal. I guess it could have changed between then and now but I wouldn't think it changed that much, would it?

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
Yeah, the current exchange rate is only about 5% higher for the C$... but quads are somehow always a LOT higher in Canada. I think Willy and several others from Canada should make this judgement as I am unqualified.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah quads are more expensive in canada then US i've seen couple people i know have went to the states and bought them and brought them over.. just not sure if i really have the time to do so.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Ohhhh I got it. Still seems ridiculous that prices are THAT high. I have to agree with everyone on the price being too high. You can get 700's for that price. I guess it comes down to exactly what you said though, time.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
For most locations outside the US, whether on this continent or not, the initial retail is a lot higher which results in a corresponding higher resale/used price.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts