Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought the 660. its a 05. i notice on my old 400 the rubber seal that goes around air intake inside the box is all one piece with the filter. but on the raptor, the foam slides off . how efficient is that :3question: cant dirt and dust pass thru with this setup :help: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
343 Posts
oiled good and pushed in all around it should work well. check for rips or tears and make sure the seal that goes between the box and the filter is in good shape. there is an air filter grease that could help with the seal if is has started to squish in spots.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Save yourself some time and energy and kit a pro-flow kit from an online retailer. It gives you a K&N filter and you don't have to worry about crap getting in your engine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a proflow setup on the raptor i just bought. It has a deteriorating foam filter on it, i want a K&N filter, but local shops dont know what i need, anyone know the k&N filter #? has the dual holes instead of the single... thanks

Loki

·
Registered
252 Posts
Check ebay, I see them there all the time!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
loki said:
I have a proflow setup on the raptor i just bought. It has a deteriorating foam filter on it, i want a K&N filter, but local shops dont know what i need, anyone know the k&N filter #? has the dual holes instead of the single... thanks

Loki
You can find an air filter that will fit on K&N's website. Just measure the space in your airbox and get a corresponding filter to match. You can order it online or call around and see who has it once you find a part number.

·
Registered
21 Posts
On my 05 I bought the K&N not the pro-flow model but more like the OEM and its been working great. No dirt seems to be getting in. I buy the K&N grease to ensure that its well sealed and that no dirt can enter. What I would do is tuff the OEM one and when its finished upgrade for a better airfilter. Its sure my next air filter is going to be a pro-flow model that is screwed into place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts