Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 660r bored to a 686 with a cp piston 102mm and hotrod. i was riding heavy and then it lost alot of ts power it blows whte/blue smoke when i give it dull throttle it feels like my engine locks up my piston looks ok so do my rings my walls have like 13 small scraches my arm fromy hotrod does not move free its stiff what would cause oil to get in my too end

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I have a 2005 660r bored to a 686 with a cp piston 102mm and hotrod. i was riding heavy and then it lost alot of ts power it blows whte/blue smoke when i give it dull throttle it feels like my engine locks up my piston looks ok so do my rings my walls have like 13 small scraches my arm fromy hotrod does not move free its stiff what would cause oil to get in my too end
I generally dont respond to posts like yours because it is a challenge just to try to decipher your long sentence with at least 4 phrases in it as far as I can tell..............
Please respond with more details and pictures of your problem, its anyone guess from what I can decipher, maybe head gasket problems or too tight piston to cylinder wall clearance.......................

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im sorrim im on my cellvphone. But one day when i went riding. I didnt have oil in the motor. I put oil in and kept riding. When i was racing my raptor lost 1/2 its power. When i gave it full throttle the motor felt like it locked up. It smokes bluw/white pretty bad. Here is some pics of where the scraches are on my piston and jug. I also got pics of my stiff rod. Hand Finger Photography Still life photography Metal

Hand Photography Auto part Metal

Auto part Automotive wheel system Wheel Rim

Auto part Automotive engine part Carburetor Engine

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Im sorrim im on my cellvphone. But one day when i went riding. I didnt have oil in the motor. I put oil in and kept riding. When i was racing my raptor lost 1/2 its power. When i gave it full throttle the motor felt like it locked up. It smokes bluw/white pretty bad. Here is some pics of where the scraches are on my piston and jug. I also got pics of my stiff rod. View attachment 51480

View attachment 51481

View attachment 51482

View attachment 51483

I guess you answered you own question when you said there wasnt enough oil in the motor, you have lots of damage from inusfficient oil............

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Ok so thats why there oil in my top end now? Are my rings bad? They arnt chipped or burnt would i still need new ones
From the look of your piston, and sleeve and what you say of the rod, you need a new piston with rings, and the cylinder may need to be bored and honed and your connecting rod and bearing with pin need to be replaced...........:(

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Can u post a link to what i need i dont want to buy to much. I think your saying i need to replace the whole thing rod and main shaft. Or just the rod that goes from
the main shaft to the piston.
Connecting rod kit, contains all the parts you need, rod with bearing and pin........

·
Registered
167 Posts
I guess you answered you own question when you said there wasnt enough oil in the motor, you have lots of damage from inusfficient oil............
If oil really got that low wouldn't the cam and the head be the first to show signs of low oil pressure? I just ask because he didn't say anything about them having damage.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
If oil really got that low wouldn't the cam and the head be the first to show signs of low oil pressure? I just ask because he didn't say anything about them having damage.
The oil that lubricates the piston is residual oil in the base, the oil that lubricates the cam and head area and crank is oil pumped from the reservoir which initially comes from the base. This oil is scavenged from the base and is pumped to the reservoir. So the base can be virtually empty starving the piston but there still be sufficient oil for the head, cam and crank.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts