Raptor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving absolutely fine put it in reverse once put away for night next day slow to start up then ran like crap,long story short got reverse sensor bypassed with green wire to battery then wud start but not idle so cleaned carbs put bk on ran ace for 12 mile put away over night go out nxt day starts great and get up speed and pull throttle and nearly dies so lack of throttle response for a few seconds then bam kicks in and picks up. I'm so baffled as had gud quad mechanic on it and he baffled,also reverse light flashes when warming up sometime but not when riding and may not matter but my choke lever wont stay on it kind of springs bk off, I'm sorry to bother u but see u know ur stuff and wud really appreciate your advice so can get it sorted as loved it when it didnt bog down like this, we did leave green wire off after carbs as seemed fine cud this be my stupid mistake??

·
Master of the Electron
15,236 Posts
Reverse RPM limiter does not prevent starting. It was not your issue.

I suspect your choke plunger is stuck on or missing an o-ring... Since it is not working properly, it is the most likely suspect.

If your gree/white wire is "off", disconnected as you describe, either re-conect it or ground it - else the reverse RPM limiter WILL be on.

Finally, please use some punctuation - it will make the sentences much easier to follow/understand.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts