Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well a lil history on bike i bought from a kid for 1700.00 it has powerbomb header and powercore 4 slip on pipe and supposedly has jets but i really dont believe a thing he say he was stupid as shit and tried riggin up a bunch dumb shit. but for the price I could not pass up when i bought it barley drove jet was almost completly clogged i cleaned carbs and it had 6 times the power as before but still dosent feel like all the power is there starts an idles fine but somtimes just dies when its sitting there runnng for no apparent reason?????? and it boggs down and pops alot when not at full throttle.... when i bought the rear caliper was off cuz he said it siezed shut so i got new 1 installed with new brake pads bled brakes but it dosent work it spits shit out of bleed screw but dosent hold pressure or have any at all and now when i tried to pump rear brake with screw closed its leaking out bottom of calliper. i dunno wuts goin on?????????????? cant get front to work eaither i fill master cylinder and pump it shoots out of front bleed screws but dosent hold pressure.... i just pump pump pump till it comes out hold in brake and tighten screw?? rite

·
I am unique
22,619 Posts
Ok well a lil history on bike i bought from a kid for 1700.00 it has powerbomb header and powercore 4 slip on pipe and supposedly has jets but i really dont believe a thing he say he was stupid as shit and tried riggin up a bunch dumb shit. but for the price I could not pass up when i bought it barley drove jet was almost completly clogged i cleaned carbs and it had 6 times the power as before but still dosent feel like all the power is there starts an idles fine but somtimes just dies when its sitting there runnng for no apparent reason?????? and it boggs down and pops alot when not at full throttle.... when i bought the rear caliper was off cuz he said it siezed shut so i got new 1 installed with new brake pads bled brakes but it dosent work it spits shit out of bleed screw but dosent hold pressure or have any at all and now when i tried to pump rear brake with screw closed its leaking out bottom of calliper. i dunno wuts goin on?????????????? cant get front to work eaither i fill master cylinder and pump it shoots out of front bleed screws but dosent hold pressure.... i just pump pump pump till it comes out hold in brake and tighten screw?? rite
Bleeding the back brakes is a real pain............
As far as the engine shutting down occassionaly at idle, that happens for me also..........
Now your popping at less then full throttle, explain that in more detail.............

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
like when im going or giving it gas it does not pop but when im in gear and slowing down with out applying breaks cuz i dont have any it pops like loud pop pop vruuuuuum pop pop pop pop you feel me... do you know why when i pump rear break when bleeder scred on fully its shooting out bottom of calliper?????

·
I am unique
22,619 Posts
like when im going or giving it gas it does not pop but when im in gear and slowing down with out applying breaks cuz i dont have any it pops like loud pop pop vruuuuuum pop pop pop pop you feel me... do you know why when i pump rear break when bleeder scred on fully its shooting out bottom of calliper?????
What size pilots do you have???? and you could try opening the fuel screws under the carbs a 1/2 turn and see what it does........

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
if you caliper is leaking you may need a rebuild or just buy another one. you should have a clear hose on your bleeder going into a bottle half filled with brake fluid. if you don't use a hose you let some air back in when you let off the brakes..use a clear hose and keep topping up the ressivoir and pumping the brakes until you can't see any more air going through the clear hose on your bleeder...

·
Registered
71 Posts
have a friend help with the brakes if nothing else with the bleeder closed pump the brakes and hold them down ,have a buddy crack open the bleeder for a sec then close it....repeat,if your calper is leaking out of the bottom it may have a bad seal... make sure you never put pressure on the lines if the calper and pads arnt installed..blows the seals right out

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
pilots???? and are the screws on inside of carb or outside?? kinda confused
pilots are the smaller jets in the bottom of the carbs they should be a size 22.5 (it will say the size where you put the screw driver in) and the screws for a/f are on the outside of the carbs on the bottom....

what exactly did you take apart when you cleaned the carbs?

·
Master of the Electron
14,544 Posts
I suspect the carb 'cleaning' was more of a carb 'dusting'. They need to be fully dismantled and every little passage, jet, valve and plunger cleaned till you can eat off it.

From your description, the rear caliper pistons's o-ring is leaking and will need to be rebuilt or replaced.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I suspect the carb 'cleaning' was more of a carb 'dusting'. They need to be fully dismantled and every little passage, jet, valve and plunger cleaned till you can eat off it.

From your description, the rear caliper pistons's o-ring is leaking and will need to be rebuilt or replaced.
you might be right about the caliper, but the way he typed it i dont think hes bleeding them right.................ok start with the valve closed then pump the brake ( 10 times), then hold the brake as far as you can push it down, then get a friend to loosen the bleeder valve,(some fluid/air should come out).... dont let the pedal go until your friend close's the bleeder valve, then repeat that until you get GOOD brakes.... i tried this to my mojave one time when i changed the brake fluid, i couldnt get the brakes to work like they did b4, but i went out there the next day and had better brakes than it ever had ( i guess something had to settle??)...idk.... i changed the fluid on my warrior brakes and didnt have any problems, changed the fluid and got the brakes bleed in less than 30 mins. ive never tried the brake fluid in the container, and hose. but im sure it would be alot cleaner job

1 - 11 of 11 Posts