Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m stuck in a jam. Was riding on trails...normal riding... lost all gears out of no where. The bike starts and runs. I can find neutral and reverse but as soon as I let off of the clutch, the bike acts like it’s in neutral. It doesn’t grab in any gear. I can hear it click through the gears but it won’t engage.

Things I have checked already:
Sprockets are all good
Took case apart, clutch does not look fried
No metal shavings or lose pieces.
I can spin the shaft in the basket and the drive sprocket spins no problem.
There is no parking brake so it is not locked up there

Besides the clutch being totally fried, I don’t have any other ideas. I ordered a new clutch since I’m already in there. If anyone has any ideas let me know. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had an issue like this before on a different machine. It was the one way bearing in the starter clutch. Could be the culprit.

·
Master of the Electron
14,544 Posts
I had an issue like this before on a different machine. It was the one way bearing in the starter clutch. Could be the culprit.
Might be the case on a different machine... won't be on a Raptor 660.

Chad: Fried clutch, broken output shaft, output sprocket's splines stripped, chain slipping on sprockets are what I'd be looking at. Most likely fried clutch... second most likely - stripped output sprocket splines.

Of course it's possible that the gear selector system is not working and you're really in neutral.

Use logic and common sense - you'll find it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts