Raptor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i picked this up from my aunt. She got it brand new put 350 miles on it and then it sat for 5 years.(under a cover under a roof) Pulled the carb and it looked like someone stuck the jets in jelly and then reinstalled them:eek:. It is really hard to start after it has been sitting. And im mean like even after sitting for like an hour. I have been using the kicker so i dont kill the batt. It will start for about 2 seconds every kick and die. after about 30 kicks it will run perfect. and it will continues to start with no issues. And when running it really runs perfect. It will pull smooth all the way to max speed. At WOT it does not hesitate at all. So far i have cleaned the carb, jets(cleaned with a needle and can see light through them. ) cleaned needle in carb,replaced spark plug. Set a/f screw to 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 turns out. Im pretty sure the carb is pulling vacuum and getting gas. Because if i dump all gas from carb and install it, kick it about 10 times and have the starting isses,i pulled the carb off and it was full of gas. Im just not sure what else to check. Im hoping im overlooking something simple. And yes it has new gas. Any help would be great:)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
looks like the auto choke was stuck. Now i just need to wait for it cool off so i can try and start it again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts