Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Yamaha raptor 700
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am in the process of rebuilding an 06 700. Beat to shit by previous owner(picture don't do justice). Sat for 6 years after the abuse it was put through, so I am giving it new life. I have stripped it down to the frame and I am working my way up. I have all my suspension painted with new bearings, orings, ball joints, etc. Putting it all back together the last few days. I am trying to not break the bank with this build, but I am trying to have a reliable bike as well. I plan on tearing the motor down completely and check all components on the inside, replace what's needed and keep it stock. I've done lots of reading through the forums on here but everything I keep reading is out of date. I am still in need of a lot of parts like chains, brakes, brake rotors, fuel pump, radiator fan, tires and clutches are getting changed no matter what they look like.

So for most of the suspension I bought OEM parts from Partszilla about 1150 so far. Looking around I've found aftermarket parts cheaper, for example Partszilla OEM ball joints are 42 a piece, all balls are 22 a piece. I know you get what you pay for, but I've also found that newer model 700's also have cheaper OEM parts the my 06. So through out all the years from 2006-2021 what parts can be swapped over with little to no modifications? If every part on the newer models would fit my bike I would buy all OEM but that's not the case.

Is there a website that sells good quality aftermarket parts for a good price? What companies do I need to stay away from?

I've posted some pictures below so ya'll can see the progress.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Bicycle Automotive tire
Road surface Asphalt Wood Gas Font
Downhill ski binding Red Auto part Gun barrel Luggage and bags

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Calm down dude, you made this post 19 hours ago.
Almost everything from the 15+ fits 06-14.
The exceptions are exhaust, cylinder head, wiring harness, ecu, throttle position sensor, carrier, rear brake, brake stay, headlights, fenders. Those can all be used but not in every situation, need to know what you’re planning to do.
The newer upper a-arms have a serviceable ball joint as well as being constructed from round steel tube instead of square aluminum.
Partzilla and Rocky Mountain are where I buy oem stuff, partzilla is often cheaper.
You are correct on the pricing, think Yamaha updated when they came out with the 15+.

·
Registered
2006 Yamaha raptor 700
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Calm down dude, you made this post 19 hours ago.
Almost everything from the 15+ fits 06-14.
The exceptions are exhaust, cylinder head, wiring harness, ecu, throttle position sensor, carrier, rear brake, brake stay, headlights, fenders. Those can all be used but not in every situation, need to know what you’re planning to do.
The newer upper a-arms have a serviceable ball joint as well as being constructed from round steel tube instead of square aluminum.
Partzilla and Rocky Mountain are where I buy oem stuff, partzilla is often cheaper.
You are correct on the pricing, think Yamaha updated when they came out with the 15+.
How about you calm down and [email protected]#k off if you don't like it?! Yea, I made it 19 hrs ago but it ain't the first post I made that no one replied. But on the other hand I appreciate the comment lol, after hours spent searching this forum and still getting no results. I figured there was a lot of years that that could swap just by looking at all the diagrams on Partszilla but just need to hear it from someone who tried it.

·
Administrator
9,461 Posts
Quick responses like that will yield even less results. This isn't Facebook where everyone stares at their phones and can respond quick.

Reactions: Trev

·
Registered
2006 Yamaha raptor 700
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quick responses like that will yield even less results. This isn't Facebook where everyone stares at their phones and can respond quick.
LOL, you got yourself a point there. I was actually trying to find a post from you about your plastics yesterday. I'll need some just want to be prepared for when that time comes. You got any pictures of it?

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha Raptor 700r
131 Posts
Big common websites like partzilla and rocky mountain are good places. As far as price goes that's up to the buyer to find that. Each company will sell different parts at different prices at different times. There's not a one for all. Make a parts list on what you need and take a evening to research and order them.

Another tip, with spring here most of us are up and about doing stuff with our toys, or getting projects done to be able to get out with our toys so sometimes there will be a slight wait. Great website with a lot of info here if you're willing to do the research as well.

·
Registered
2006 Yamaha raptor 700
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Big common websites like partzilla and rocky mountain are good places. As far as price goes that's up to the buyer to find that. Each company will sell different parts at different prices at different times. There's not a one for all. Make a parts list on what you need and take a evening to research and order them.

Another tip, with spring here most of us are up and about doing stuff with our toys, or getting projects done to be able to get out with our toys so sometimes there will be a slight wait. Great website with a lot of info here if you're willing to do the research as well.
Thanks Trev, agreed with the slight wait. I figured that out with trying to purchase the 2015 upper a-arms. Call a dozen places and everyone keep telling me it was a nation wide back order, 3 months to a year wait. Should have a rolling chassis in the next few weeks, that's why I was wondering about the interchangeable parts bc I still need the brake rotors, chains and need to replace the ball joints on the front a-arms.

·
Administrator
9,461 Posts
LOL, you got yourself a point there. I was actually trying to find a post from you about your plastics yesterday. I'll need some just want to be prepared for when that time comes. You got any pictures of it?
I can get some posted again, just got back from a 3 night, 4 day camp outing with the rest of the masses. At least we had the camper tucked in enough we were not in sight until we wanted to be.

Reactions: Cbo14

·
Administrator
9,461 Posts
Took the cover off mine while drinking in the garage, fired it up to make sure it still ran..

Attachments

Reactions: Aluminum_Owl

·
Administrator
9,461 Posts
Good looking bike there. You painted the plastics yourself?
This time I did not paint the plastics but bought new from Partzilla and waited for about 6 months for all plastics to come in. Then installed and still have not ridden this one 6 months after install, lol. Damn shame actually.

Reactions: Aluminum_Owl
1 - 14 of 14 Posts