Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO EVERYONE, I HAVE AN 06 700 AND I CANNOT KEEP PLUGS IN IT. IT HAS LESS THAN 10 HOURS ON IT AND IVE PUT 3 PLUGS IN IT AND WHEN I REV IT UP IT SMOKES. WITH THIS FUEL INJECTION I DONT KNOW EHRE TO START. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM OR CAN GIVE ME ANY SUGESTIONS. IT IS ALSO A BONE STOCK MACHINE. TEMPS WERE AROUND 70. IT STARTS HARD AND HAS A ROUGH IDDLE. ITS LOADING UP BAD. THANKS EVERYONE.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Only thing I can think of is that you aren't letting it warm up for 5 minutes or so before you pin it and it is fouling the plug.

·
Registered
38 Posts
yes mine does the same thing on start up if i rev it it sprays black smoke out but thats mainly because if im correct upon start up an electronic choke is activated for 2 min. once mines warmed up though it pretty much completely goes away.

·
Registered
148 Posts
How have you been running it so far? Hard or gently breaking it in?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have not been easy on it but not beating on either. choke makes sence though. i think from the sounds like i need to let it warm up for a few minites. it ran terriable when it was new for the first hour or so. what can you recomend for up grades. it has tons of balls but i always want a little bit more. i see all kinds brands what is best or best for the money. thanks for the help it great to hear somebody thats in the same boat.

·
Registered
665 Posts
power commander, pro design intake kit with k&n air filter, any "full" exhaust system but around here the LTE are the favorate :thumbsup:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Changing to an iriduim plug might help as well. They are harder to foul I beleive.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I would also look at the throttle position sensor, make sure it is in the correct position.

·
Registered
148 Posts
you get it fixed?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts