Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How you doing everyone? im new to the forum just recently sold my 03 660. An got 06 700.
i was told its got 14: 1 ratio piston, stage 2 cams and valves and no air box open filter dual monster shorties just swapped out the trinity fc for a dynojet fc
I run VP 110
an e3 plug. i just took my exhaust off to polish it an took a look inside an now im nervous. attaching pic for some advice. thanks guys.
20201114_012152.jpg

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,689 Posts
Yes, it looks lean, but, what does the plug look like.

Where did you get the map from?

Was there a copper "O" ring gasket between the pipe and head? If not, leakage could cause a lean appearance.

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
11,689 Posts
Cuervo Racing, I believe it's $25, but it could save your motor.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
If the plug is long, it's not contacting the piston...or else the engine would sieze.
Otherwise, it's lower in the combustion chamber, which can be more efficiant in certain applications.
But, E3 seems to be more hype than an actual power gain.
According to Cuervo's dyno tests, the NGK CR9EKPA7785 is the best plug for the Raptor 700.

20201004_165927.jpg
20201119_085716.jpg

·
11,689 Posts
If the plug is long, it's not contacting the piston...or else the engine would sieze.
Otherwise, it's lower in the combustion chamber, which can be more efficiant in certain applications.
But, E3 seems to be more hype than an actual power gain.
According to Cuervo's dyno tests, the NGK CR9EKPA7785 is the best plug for the Raptor 700.

View attachment 139853 View attachment 139854
Some race gas will leave deposits. Maybe @T-web can chime in. What does the inside of the pipe look like.

I agree, the E3 plugs have a lot of hype, But haven't seen any repeatable dyno results. And they are hard to read.
I tried one in a Honda 250R and it wouldn't run right.
I would go with the NGK CR9 shown above.
Then, go to a local auto emissions shop and have the O2 checked. They can tell you if the A/F ratio is off. Or, go with a Cuervo map as said above.

In the mean time, you want to clean out the exhaust ports. Be sure the valves are CLOSED. Take a small flap wheel, wire wheel, porting rolls, or sand paper on your finger. Clean up the ports, and even can go bigger to match your exhaust. Blow out with compressed air. Don't go bigger then the copper "O" ring gasket.

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some race gas will leave deposits. Maybe @T-web can chime in. What does the inside of the pipe look like.

I agree, the E3 plugs have a lot of hype, But haven't seen any repeatable dyno results. And they are hard to read.
I tried one in a Honda 250R and it wouldn't run right.
I would go with the NGK CR9 shown above.
Then, go to a local auto emissions shop and have the O2 checked. They can tell you if the A/F ratio is off. Or, go with a Cuervo map as said above.

In the mean time, you want to clean out the exhaust ports. Be sure the valves are CLOSED. Take a small flap wheel, wire wheel, porting rolls, or sand paper on your finger. Clean up the ports, and even can go bigger to match your exhaust. Blow out with compressed air. Don't go bigger then the copper "O" ring gasket.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Getting plug tomorrow i thought the plug was way to long because it had nasty tap an I knew it wasn't the valves. And its not a knock appreciate you guys.

·
11,689 Posts
And I don't have too take the head off clean it up?
As long as the valves are closed, nothing should get in the cylinder.
If you're worried, you could run a vacuum in the spark plug hole.
Chances are you won't get everything.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Pump gas leaves the pipe tan, race gas leaves a grey color. Race gas should not leave any deposits when jetted correctly.

·
11,689 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok 1 more question could my head look like that because of my fuel pump? my gas light turned on 2 days ago an stays on and she wont idle . i read that gas light staying on is a sign of fuel pump

1 - 16 of 16 Posts