Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a good clutch kit? I just picked up an 06 Raptor 700 yesterday and took it for a spin today. My buddy rolled his Z400 down a pretty good size hill. The Raptor was sitting idling.

Well when I climbed back up to go get a tow strap it was overheating. That's when I noticed the fan isn't working. I can fix that but I think in combination of over-heating and towing him back I burned up the clutch. It still works but the handle is just about all the way out. I'm going to try adjusting it some but if that doesn't work I want to have a plan in place.

Thanks!

·
Registered
331 Posts
After you noticed it was overheating you still towed him. wow....... Get an OEM clutch if you plan on doing this often.

·
Registered
331 Posts
After you noticed it was overheating you still towed him. wow....... Get an OEM clutch if you plan on doing this often.
or sell the raptor and get a utility.

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,450 Posts
Ouch......well I'll give you some real advice. I've towed several bikes in 90+ degrees with my 700. Make sure your coolant level is good. Go with a OEM clutch pack with a full fiber. Talk to Steve at tech quad shop.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the bad thing was it was just me and him out there. Had to get him back. He snapped a tie rod.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Considering this kit from RMATV. It says it has the clutch cover gasket as well. I am cruising through a manual and I can't think of any other gaskets/parts that would need to be replaced. What do the pros think? I have done a few clutch packs on a Z400 with no problems so I was wondering if there is anything I should pay special attention to on the Raptor. Thanks!
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/43/53/210/895/-/-/841525/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts