Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 700r and am interested in putting 1 inch front wheel spacer and 2 inch wheel spacers in the rear from radmfg. I am curious if there would be any draw backs to this installation. I ride oregon dunes, and have found that the bike is just a bit top heavy still. I would like to take the cheap way and widen the stance by using the spacers instead of installing new a-arms.

·
Registered
728 Posts
should be ok if your just dune riding, the problem with them is that they put added strain on the suspension joints and added leverage to bend a tie rod if you hit something with a wheel. i have heard of many people jumping with spacer and not having a problem but there is always a chance of breakage with spacers. we have them on out kfx 700 and had a tie rod bend when it caught a branch on a trail. the kfx is heavier and my father in law is a big so the tie rod didn't stand a chance. we upgraded the tie rods since then. that has been the only bad experience with them. if you choose to get some i would like to know how they work out ;).

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
1" offset front rims, & + 1" rear dura blue hubs. :D

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
Hmm I can't do the rims because I run these...

But I measured and I actually need 4 inch added to the front (2 a piece) and a total of 2 or 2.25 in the back.

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
How do you all of the sudden go from 1" to 4"? lol. Sounds like you need a Diamond J kit in the front and some extended hubs for the rear if your wanting to say $$.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts