Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 700 has been kinda running like crap after a tune up (oil/filter change & new foam air filter) and has not been ran for a while. It has been really just bad on quick full throttle and just putting around with my kid riding with me.

Not sure what exhaust is on there... PM me if a PIC would help. I can't post one yet. I think it is a DMC I think it says D 4 after.. Does Anyone have any help on what fuel controller to get?

Attachments

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,841 Posts
A fuel controler is definitely needed. Did you oil your air cleaner properly and is your gas fresh?

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the response.
DEZPERADO, Ya, I put new 93 fuel in there and I am guessing it is working its way through the old fuel. Good on the air filter.

XLi, Thanks for that, looks like the same. Except yours is much cleaner. LOL
I will look at the PowerCommander

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,841 Posts
Motor performance should not have changed because of oil and filter change. How did you clean and oil your air cleaner? To much oil on the air cleaner will cause problems. Did you adjust the valves or anything else? You may already have a fuel controler. Look under your seat buy the electronics or tool area for a box. About the size of a deck of cards cut in half, stuck with double stick or velcro. If not, you don't plan any more mods you can save $100 by buying a Dobeck style controler.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts