Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a new 06' Raptor 700, and I'm not very familiar with the EFI's. After the first couple of times riding I noticed what seemed to me the gas was boiling and the gas tank was building up way to much pressure. I have talked to several people about this problem and I have got several different answers. Yamaha tells me that I,m running winter fuel and it has alot lower boiling point than summer fuel, one mechanic tells me its a ventilation problem on the tank, another guy tells me its a faulty fuel pump. Who knows??? Whats going on here and whats the remedy? So far no one can tell me a fix.....

·
Registered
174 Posts
You might just need a new gas cap. About 3 weeks ago on our spring break vacation the same thing happened to me. Pressure was building up in the tank and couldn’t release and also the cap wasn’t able to vent air into the tank. Without the cap venting my engine was bogging down big time and had to call it a day. I had a new tusk billet aluminum cap from rocky mountain sent overnight and it solved my problems. The new cap works great but over the weekend at the end of the day after riding trails all day I decided to hit a few laps on the track, got off the track and there was gas all over the top off my tank where it had leaked out of the billet vent valve. :(

I had some bubbles in my tank that day too. :crazy: :lol:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Sounds like you could have one of the bad pumps in the early 06's. There is a service bulletin about it on the forum here with direction on how to check if your pump is one of the bad ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts